sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday's Finds

Not many post's in the Oklahoma forum about Metal Detecting finds recently, so I thought I'd add one. I'm still hunting regularly and finding the occasional silver coin and wheat cents. I should be close to 30 silver's for the year now. Here are some finds from yesterday. A sterling bracelet, a 42 merc, and 4 wheaties from the 40's and 50's. The only thing amazing about these finds is they were all recovered in about 45 minutes. Every once in a while I'll stumble onto a little honey hole that's been overlooked; that's when the fun really begins. How about you guys? Anybody else finding anything?

5-27-09Finds.jpg

beaverdigger

Jan 26, 2008
Re: Yesterday's Finds

Nice finds. Haven't been out much. Now that the rain has let up some ,I've been mowing my ass off.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

I am actually considering inviting folks with better detectors than mine out to my place in Apache. I just know that the yard has got to have silver in it. I have found loads of clad so far......

OP
OP
sharpshooter

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice finds. Haven't been out much. Now that the rain has let up some ,I've been mowing my ass off.

I can relate. My resolution is a 15 year old son who needs spending money. I put him on the mower and then go detecting.

I am actually considering inviting folks with better detectors than mine out to my place in Apache. I just know that the yard has got to have silver in it. I have found loads of clad so far......

Dont make it down Apache way very often. But if I do, I'll mark any targets for you and you can dig em. Is your place in town or out in the country?

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

It is in what little bit of town there is, lol. I have been systematically cleaning the yard of junk. I found a huge pipe wrench, a bottle capper, and various other nails, screws, nuts, bolts, etc.

My two MDs do not have much in the way of discrimination. I will be home almost all summer, after June 15.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread