Yesterdays finds

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Found these yesterday along with some dropped minnies and stuff. I am wondering if the coin button could be military since it has the eagle on the top of it and wheat stalks on the bottom. The other piece looks like maybe one of those things that sits on top of a color bearer flag pole???????any info would be greatly appreciated. HH.

image-253933462.jpg

image-4038761386.jpg

image-482090400.jpg

image-261818554.jpg

Upvote 1

bfmc_alpine

Nov 9, 2012
LA - or Lower Alabama as it's better known
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with a Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, very nice find. The button seems to be made by a company that specialized in early to mid 1800's buttons. Another post on here at http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/238187-button-guys.html found a button by the same manufacturer. There is a link to a site here Button backmarks, "Treble..". that has some of the buttons from that company, only not yours. Hope this helps. TheCannonBallGuy on the other post included a very detailed explination of the company, the meaning of the words, etc. Worth checking out. As for the other item.............no idea. Generally flag pole or guidons top pieces are pointed, I have never seen a flat one. :-)

Last edited:
OP
OP
absosecur

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Thanks man. This new spot has stuff in the ground everywhere. Is is along side a railroad and was a stopping point long ago. I have found several cisterns on ridges in this same area but the good thing is very very little modern stuff is being dug. I hope to find my first cs buckle being only 20 miles from Vicksburg ms.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread