Yesterdays hunt in wet snow rain.

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
We tried to find a nice new beach to hunt on Friday, but couldn't find any, so we had to get our fix yesterday even if it was raining!

At the first beach we got just a few coins, and it was almost empty with signals for some reason :icon_scratch:

So we headed to a rock festival place we hunted once a couple months ago, and at that point it started raining wet snow! Great! :-\ My buddy lost he's motivation in half an hour or so because of the weather, but I just had to try and dig something good! I just couldn't give up! ;D

After about 20 minutes of digging a lot of crap in the muddy grass field, the E-Trac gave me a solid 13-45 reading, and I thought it was just one more aluminum bottle cap. I flipped the plug open, and saw a ring in it! I tried to pull it free, but it seemed to be stuck for some reason, and the reason was that there was a heart hanging from the ring! :o After that even I was ready to call it a night, and we headed back home. 8)

Also found a tag of some sort. It doesn't say anything on it, so I have no idea what it is :dontknow:

Not that many coins this time, but managed to pull €2.60 ($3.87) + those crappy old markka coins. A surprise was to find those three tiny Swedish 10 öre coins in the same hole.

Attachments

• Finds.jpg
    Finds.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 462
  • Ring.jpg
    Ring.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 464
Upvote 0

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice ring, I have never seen anything like it.

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
very nice ring, I've never seen one like that before. way to persevere.

OP
OP
Paul4x4

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
Thanks every one! :notworthy:

allen said:
is it a ring or part of a necklace ?
either way, its sweet !

It's a ring. I googled the makers name E. Granit, and found out he made a lot of very unusual looking design jewelry in the early 70's. The ring I found is dated with V7 year mark, and that is for 1974.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread