52.6 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Upvote 3

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats.I would love to find old keys and locks.HH.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the skeleton key Chris. I love finding those. They look great in relic displays. :thumbsup:
i've never made my own M-80's but we used to be able to buy them in the late 60's and early 70's as kids. Lots of fun just like the metal lawn darts (Jarts). :thumbsup:
Congrats,
Doug

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome key! Those always seem to elude me. I bought some M-80's once from a friend who had a source. I hid them in the garage thinking they'd be safe. Hah! My roommate found them and was setting them off. When he first found them he thought they were smoke bombs! Could've hurt himself or someone else badly, not knowing. I was mad he set them off, but was glad nobody got hurt.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the skeleton key Chris. I love finding those. They look great in relic displays. :thumbsup:
i've never made my own M-80's but we used to be able to buy them in the late 60's and early 70's as kids. Lots of fun just like the metal lawn darts (Jarts). :thumbsup:
Congrats,
Doug

Doug,

I knew a guy back then that bought flash power of 2 kinds through the mail,mixed together WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In My State we don't need a Licenses for Oxygen or Acetylene... Or you can pack them the old fashion way................

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome key! Those always seem to elude me. I bought some M-80's once from a friend who had a source. I hid them in the garage thinking they'd be safe. Hah! My roommate found them and was setting them off. When he first found them he thought they were smoke bombs! Could've hurt himself or someone else badly, not knowing. I was mad he set them off, but was glad nobody got hurt.

Sure would like to say that from my experience,I ripped off my Brother,I paid for it too,no swimming ALL summer,day after School Vaction.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brings back memories. We never made M-80's out of copper, but we used to send away for kits in the mail that included the fuse, 3", 4 1/2" and 6"x1" casings, end caps and the few chemicals you would mix for the gunpowder. I remember you could get 100' of fuse for $1 at one place and we used to have very long fuses on those 6 inchers. All this stuff was ordered through the mail from the classified in Popular Science. Might be a little different today.

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
Tannerite is todays toy. On the local news yesterday they where looking for a blast that was reported up to 12 miles away. I missed it somehow. I did hear and feel a blast that was about 4 miles away this summer. Darn teenagers.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Key looks like one I had a long time back to an old hope chest, hope is gone but I still have the chest! Lol!
M-80's seem to be timeless, heard quite a few this past summer...loud!
Great finds!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
35k.gif I always love finding those old keys