WawaDuane

Oct 12, 2013
Northern Ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to my Jesuit ring spot where my buddy was hoping to finally find of his own...no luck. Check out the video..

Gun stuff and assorted lead.

IMG_3174.JPG

Tinkle cones.

IMG_3189.JPG

One of those.

IMG_3195.JPG

Copper culture ring....third one from this location.

IMG_3200.JPG

Some rusted stuff....no idea what they are.

IMG_3218.JPG

One of those sharp things.

IMG_3221.JPG

Upvote 7

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting finds. I have never come across small blocks of lead like that. Do you know what they were used for? Also, a couple recent posts show Tinklers. Most of the time they are quite small and defined come shape. You are showing some curled brass in your Tinkler finds. I find curled brass pieces like those at some of my old sites in the woods, but simply discarded as old farm trash. How do you ID as Tinklers?

OP
OP
WawaDuane

WawaDuane

Oct 12, 2013
Northern Ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I assume they are tinkler pieces as they are found in the same location as the actual tinklers....no farms or anything else here. I just figure where's there's smoke there's fire. I do believe there are some barrel shaped tinklers or bead like things. I think the lead came in long pieces and they just cut off what they needed and these are off-cuts or end pieces or something.

Interesting finds. I have never come across small blocks of lead like that. Do you know what they were used for? Also, a couple recent posts show Tinklers. Most of the time they are quite small and defined come shape. You are showing some curled brass in your Tinkler finds. I find curled brass pieces like those at some of my old sites in the woods, but simply discarded as old farm trash. How do you ID as Tinklers?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread