Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As most of you know I don't get much time to get out or post much here lately.But I did get a little hunt in yesterday.The finds were slim & tide was high seems to stay high here lately cause of so much rain:BangHead: but did manage a few little finds from Native American to 50 cal shell casing (wide time frames)8-).Anyhow found a cool bale seal,& cuff link first cuff link with the floral pattern I've found that looks like a tudor rose which seems weird cause all the ones I've found, but after looking on the UK site pretty common yet mine is a little different then the ones I see on there.If someone can make out what the seal says would be cool to know & thanks for it.Yea anyway not much but as always it was fun & a few more items to add to the old collection.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 002_1.jpg
    002_1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 003_1.jpg
    003_1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 005_1.jpg
    005_1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 004_1.jpg
    004_1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 3
OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also had some of my silver out the other day & took a few pics. for you folks who like the shiny stuff.:laughing7: I think there was somewhere around 7lbs in this batch.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the beale seal must be german from what I can tell from the few words I've been able to come up with which goes with others I've found from around here & they did settle here pretty early.But not knowing all the words makes finding a date kinda hard.???

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
As most of you know I don't get much time to get out or post much here lately.But I did get a little hunt in yesterday.The finds were slim & tide was high seems to stay high here lately cause of so much rain:BangHead: but did manage a few little finds from Native American to 50 cal shell casing (wide time frames)8-).Anyhow found a cool bale seal,& cuff link first cuff link with the floral pattern I've found that looks like a tudor rose which seems weird cause all the ones I've found, but after looking on the UK site pretty common yet mine is a little different then the ones I see on there.If someone can make out what the seal says would be cool to know & thanks for it.Yea anyway not much but as always it was fun & a few more items to add to the old collection.
Take Care,

I found a few of those German lead seals (the font is the exact same) in the Northern Neck of Virginia last year. They date from early to mid 20th century. The tudoe rose cufflinks are sweet!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to see you could get out and make a few finds Pete. I've been trying to get to my colonial creek front site all summer, but like you, it seems as though the tides have been running high for the last few weeks. At my site, even if the tide is slightly above normal it seems to cover most of the beach and it would be worthless to attempt hunting it. I know we're both looking forward to the fall, and it can't get here soon enough for me. HH ..... Bill

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you could get out and make a few finds Pete. I've been trying to get to my colonial creek front site all summer, but like you, it seems as though the tides have been running high for the last few weeks. At my site, even if the tide is slightly above normal it seems to cover most of the beach and it would be worthless to attempt hunting it. I know we're both looking forward to the fall, and it can't get here soon enough for me. HH ..... Bill
Thanks there Bill I know exactly what you mean.I just got home & cleaned off from another stab at it today with a few better finds.
Take Care,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread