finds.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 255
Upvote 0

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
That's meager??? I've had plenty of days with just a couple of modern pennies to show for it.

I'll take a couple of wheaties any day. Neat button too, is it old?

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, it is possible poof of unsearched land. Be sure and go over the area you found the wheat's real good. I found a 1911 wheat and 2 days later in the same area I found a 1865 two cent. The pro's even say where you find wheat's you are likely to find silver coins. Also that button looks like it might be worth something by itself.

Keep it up, and HH!!

Attachments

• WTG1.jpg
    WTG1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 193
  • money2.gif
    money2.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 188
  • WTG1.jpg
    WTG1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 201
  • money2.gif
    money2.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 209
OP
OP
ticotiger14

ticotiger14

Jul 29, 2004
The Button is a 1890's US Marines Cuff Button, I dug a large coat button just like it a few months ago.
HH, tico

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
In my opinion, you had a successful day........ :)

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be too rough on the button tico. ;D What years were you on Ti? I was on the Connie 64 thru 67. V4 flightdecker. I found an old homesite (1920 or so) and found 4 wheats and a bent 43 merc. I was happy. Not worth anything and I probably went through $8 gas, $3 batteries, wear and tear on the car, stained the knees on another pair of pants and didn't do anything around the house. Wife said it's kinda like my deer hunting expenses; spend about $80 LB for venison. Didn't remind her that my detector cost more than my rifle.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont you just hate that hard dry ground that is like cement? At least you got out for a while. HH

OP
OP
ticotiger14

ticotiger14

Jul 29, 2004
Hello packerbacker and welcome Home. I remember the Connie well, did alot of liberty with Connie Sailors all over the far East. I was on the Tico from 68-70. i made 2 WesPacs one in 68 and 69. i worked as a Blue shirt Fly 3 and a Yellow shirt hangar bay 1. I love this metal detecting almost as much as liberty in Olonapo.
HH, Tico

Attachments

• Picture+002.jpg
    Picture+002.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 152

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a harty welcome home to you too brother! Gotta say though, we were winning when I left. ;D In Olongapo I hung out at the 7-11 Club. You look like you were in the Kangaroo. I haven't done a whole lot of detecting yet but sure enjoy what I have done. This forum's great also. Lookin' at some of the stuff these guys are finding gets you going don't it? Nice talking to a fellow Airdale.

OP
OP
ticotiger14

ticotiger14

Jul 29, 2004
Packerbacker
I hope by your comment "We were winning when I left" your not incinuating that the guys after you dropped the ball in any way. The politicians lost that war and you know that, thats all I'm going to say about that.
HH, Tico

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
woooooo tico. No way. EVERYONE over there did their job. Very few over here did theirs. Don't want to get too political on this forum so I'll leave mine at that. Where did you find that Marine button? What part of the country you in? The ground where I'm at (N. Calif) gets hard as a rock also. Oldest thing I've found so far is a 43 dime. What gets me is everyone calling this stuff old and it's the kind of change I used to carry around. Guess it's like the baseball cards we had. They sure sounded good in the bike spokes.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tico....I was so excited a couple of weeks ago just to find one little 'ole wheat penny (my first)......and you found two!!!! And the button is a bonus!!!! Love the pictures.....my dad was in the Navy . I remember seeing pictures of him in Korea...had two beautiful women all hugged up and a big 'ole smile on his face!!! :D I think my Mom threw most of those pictures away! ;D

Anyway....great finds!!!! Keep 'em coming!

Nana ;)

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Hey, I remember the 7-11 club. Do any of you remember the New Jollo club, That was even better. USS Jouette, DLG 29, westpac 72-73...Lance (CTO-2)

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome home comfy........I'll have to travel back East sometime to look for the real old stuff you folks have back there. About the earliest history around my parts are around the 1860's and not a whole lot of that. Population just getting going. Hard to get access around here too. Heck, in California, if the owls decided they liked houses, we'd be living in trees.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread