Yesterday's old coins and relics - plus a heart stopping moment!

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi folks. Here's my finds from yesterday at a new permission site. 3 coins - a decent 1775 KG 3 with nice green patina, a no date earlier style Matron LC and a fairly decent '65 IH. Got about 8 buttons, a few with nice floral patterns, musket ball, crotal bell, heart shaped heel plate and my first complete bat wing buckle. :headbang: I've yet to educate myself fully to determine whether these 1770s KG3s are American counterfeits or the real deal. Seems 1775 could be both. Also, what is the approximate date for those bat wings? Late 1700s?

Now for my troubling moment. After I returned home yesterday evening, I realized I was missing my gold wedding band!!! :sad7:I had it refitted a few months back and it's a little on the loose side now. Short end of the story - I went back and viewed my video shots to determine when I had the ring on and then when I didn't. This narrowed the search area down quite a bit as I was only in one field and most of my holes were in an approximate 50 yd X 50 yd square area within close proximity to my car. So I returned to the field with this in mind today and found the ring in about 30 minutes. WHEW!!!! Crisis avoided and lesson learned. I'm gonna remove the ring before hunting from now on. Thanks for looking and HH!

John

Wide shot 2.png KG3 combo.png Matron combo.png IH 1865 combo.png Buttons.png Misc.png

Upvote 31

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that AND a ring, and you also found the owner!

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. I think those batwings only turn up on sites that had activity into the early 1800s and not on colonial only sites. The counterfeit KGs are usually thinner compared to royal issues

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds. And good job on finding your gold ring.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=Amazon Ember, Arial, sans-serif]Nice finds! [/FONT]:icon_thumleft: Love the crotal bell. Best find was your ring!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Nice job. I switch to a silicone ring when detecting because otherwise my gold band interferes with my pinpointing. Glad you found it!

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, Fabulous finds and presentation!----------Phil

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does finding your own ring and returning it to yourself count for a honorable mention???? T-Net moderators a ruling on the field pls:laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice old coppers! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow those are some sweet coins and relics. If you didn't find your wedding band I would have sent you some Hay to insulate the dog house you would be sleeping in lol.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an excellent hunt! Really nice buckle too! Not sure on the age but if you search batwing buckle on the web you should be able to narrow it down. I would really like to find one of those heel plates! Nice stuff!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions