May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday's sales

Nothing really awesome, but I did pick up an external DVD drive and multi-card reader for 7 bucks. At another sale I found this vase for a dollar:

vase1.jpg

vase.jpg

I know it probably isn't worth much, but I'd like to find out the maker if possible. No makers mark, just numbers and "Italy".

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
Re: Yesterday's sales

italianpotterymarks.freeforums.org/

That site should help out a lot. If you can't find anything just browsing then sign up they have some experts.

Good Luck

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks, I found that site after your post yesterday. I found out a bit about it, sgraffito style probably from aroun Montelupo. I doubt it's worth much as it isn't signed or anything. It's worth at least a buck to me though ;D

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola

Yeah some Italian pottery sales for BIG bucks. Just be sure to spot a fake. The signature for Italian pottery is separate handles and spouts. If they look like they are one then its not the real deal. They make them separately and use "wet clay" for the joints. The Asian market has the signatures, and artwork down to a science.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, I checked to see if it was molded and it isn't. The handles were applied. Most of the stuff that is worth anything at least has a maker's mark or signature of some kind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread