Yet ANOTHER Paterson NJ 1/2 gallon jug...

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Did a post on the 3rd A.L. Schwarz 1/2 gallon jug I acquired last week thanks to the Ebay seller not knowing the jug wasn't a 1 gallon variant, and in that post I added a picture of the three remaining 1/2 gallons I was hoping to acquire. Well two days later a friend contacted me about a 1/2 gallon jug that had just been put on a shelf in an antique store about 30 minutes from me, and the price was half of what you would expect to pay for the jug in a store or on Ebay.

I headed right down to the store and I walked in and looked around and sure as sh*% the jug was no longer on the shelf. The young guy behind the counter asked me if I was looking for anything specific, and I told him a friend sent me a pic of the jug and I was hoping to buy it. He said we have it in the back set aside for you, your friend told us you would be coming down to buy it, which was a great thing for him & them to do, and a major relief. So I am elated to add 1/2 gallon #4 to my ever growing collection...

As you can see it is marked on the base J.E. Riley Vinager*, a quick search on ancestry found only one Riley with those initials from Paterson, and he was a train engineer from the 1880's thru the 1920's. Last pic is a group shot of the four 1/2 gallons I now have...

$11bbb.jpg
$11bb.jpg
$11b.jpg
$1a11aaaaaaaaaa1aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa11a.jpg

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Whew boy, I bet you were choking not seeing the jug on the shelf. Congratulations in a great acquisition.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you made the purchase! Those are very nice jugs...congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread