Yippee...new At Gold

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my at Pro so I had to get a gold,an thanks to Bart at Big Boy Hobbies who gave me a good price...Ive only gotten a couple of hours on it because the white bass are still running...LOL...Lookin forward to some swing time on it...I would appreciate any guidance and or hints about it to get me goin good on it as there is probably only couple more weeks of the white bass run...then ill be dirt fishing all my spare time....Thanx...Barry

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Run in disc 1 with a small amount of threshold and iron disc up to 35. Sense as far up as possible and still stable. Leave ground balance window at 2 unless your in some hot ground. Swing slow and listen it has a little bit diff language than the pro and it's a fun detector. I've found a lot of firsts with it. I love mine. Don't get me wrong I love the pro too but the gold is my go to detector. All metal in open fields. Good luck.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clive Clynick has some good books. You want to learn about All Metal Mode. Of course you don't want it in heavy trash but as soon as it starts to thin out, switch over to the AMM.

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Run in disc 1 with a small amount of threshold and iron disc up to 35. Sense as far up as possible and still stable. Leave ground balance window at 2 unless your in some hot ground. Swing slow and listen it has a little bit diff language than the pro and it's a fun detector. I've found a lot of firsts with it. I love mine. Don't get me wrong I love the pro too but the gold is my go to detector. All metal in open fields. Good luck.

Good advice here. I generally run mine about the same but have been putting the iron disc at 44 to avoid all the foil and nails in the ground these days. Wear the headphones to hear the faint signals, ground balance often and go slow. The display numbers can fool you so learn to hunt by the tones the AT Gold makes. This method got me 2 silver rings on Sunday plus a few bucks in clad coins on a 4 hour hunt. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread