Yo Ho Ho! Check your hole twice.

Jul 17, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt and Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was coin hunting with friends in an old campground the other day. I had just dug a memorial penny and move over to the next campsite when my friend started detecting the site I had just left. He yelled and asked if I had dug a coin by the spot he was standing. I told him yes I had dug a memorial penny there. He asked me to come back and showed me a 1929 wheat penny he had found in the exact spot I had just left. The moral of the story is to "re-check" the hole again after finding your target. Merry Christmas.

Upvote 1

makoracer

Sep 25, 2012
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Etrac , CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a beautiful 1866 2 center that way one time. My buddy took me to one of his spots that he had been to a couple days prior. Hadnt found much when I got a great tone over one of his plugs from the previous hunt. Pulled the plug out, and the 2 center was about an inch farther down in the hole.
I kinda felt bad and told him he could have it because he had already dug it, he said no. He now double checks all plugs and so do I.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 2 rings one day like that. Makes for a great day :)

Merry Christmas :)

Same here!...one day i was out and dug a nice womans gold ring. I ended up leaving after that because it was gettign cold....Went back to the same spot a couple days later..got a good hit..looked down and say my old hole with a ring sittign on top of it

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here!...one day i was out and dug a nice womans gold ring. I ended up leaving after that because it was gettign cold....Went back to the same spot a couple days later..got a good hit..looked down and say my old hole with a ring sittign on top of it

Two rings, one hole.....Sure there wasn't any finger bones there too?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I picked up the aluminum from the beach, and then the dime right under it. You're right on.

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
True story: I was on a beach in southern California and got a good signal. The scoop pulled up a nice and unusual silver ring. I re-checked the hole out of habit, and got another tone. Out came a gold ring. I re-checked the hole again and got -yet another- gold ring! By the time I was through I got the first silver plus four gold rings (2 with stones) out of that same hole! Believe me, I searched a 10' radius around that spot VERY carefully, hoping to find the earrings, necklace, pendant, bracelets, and brooch. Nothing more turned up. Then I went to another beach and found another gold ring- a baby's ring w/ teddy bear and sapphire! A record I'll never beat and a memory I'll never forget.

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wise advice! I had a three coin hole that started with an 1856 quarter. If I hadn't checked the hole I would have missed two more pre 1861 coins!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions