Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Wheneva I return coins to the bank there are always people with huge jars full of nicks or dimes. I occasionally see people walk out with half dolla boxes. I've talked to other members that live near me and they have horrible averages like me. I got skunked the last 5 boxes of nickels, last 4 boxes of halves, and last 6 boxes of dimes. The copper percentage is wayyyy down since I started a year ago. There's a man selling copper cents on craigslist near me that's prob why. I know a couple managers at banks that order several half dollar boxes for themselves each week. In my area there's no such thing as customer wrapped rolls. Most banks don't have teller trays either, the aweful tellers hide the silver in their drawers.

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are more people searching for halves in my area than there are people employed in the country..

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't know how many bank tellers there are. They keep changing, new ones every other week.

fjer

Aug 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I've got at least one at my CU. When I went in yesterday one of the tellers told me I had narrowly missed the half bag they had just filled. She had tried to call me, but apparently they didn't have the right number, and someone else grabbed it that day :BangHead:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probrably 1 CRH'er per sq. mile... and to break it down even further, 1 BIG CRH'er(10+ boxes a week) every 5 sq. miles.... :BangHead:

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I had some run ins with CRH'ers in my area. If they are small scale, I don't even care. But, once I saw a pro, just like me, we each looked at each other, exchanged a few words (more so, excuses). We had some serious respect for each other behind the facade.

ALSO, there is some idiot CRH who brings in CRW rolls at a small town bank. He always marks them as though he searched through them. Out of $200 of this fool's rolls, I usually find a 40%. Happened twice, gonna happen again.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I am the only one who orders halves at all my branches but 1, now there are allot of people that have recently started doing dimes at one of my banks, the vault teller told me that she has a few people that come in regularly to change out dime and nickel boxes with her and there seems to be an upswing in the hobby recently she says. She also said" you are the only special one we order halves for", the others that come in for halves just ask for what they have, not order boxes. HH, Maverick.

Dreamsofpeace54

Tenderfoot
Dec 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CU #1 - one branch told me they have another guy that comes in to get customer wrapped coin. They are now a dump bank. Other branches supply me with coin. I have many friends that work at these branches and are on the lookout for me.

CU #2 - small scale operations like me, getting a few rolls of MWR halves every week. I've been buying out their supply before they can get there. They said they would start ordering more boxes for "us" because of all the recent interest.

I doubt there is anyone serious nearby. My brother claims one of his co-workers also coin roll hunts, his apparent dump banks have produced CWRs with 40% though...

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
maverick said:
I am the only one who orders halves at all my branches but 1, now there are allot of people that have recently started doing dimes at one of my banks, the vault teller told me that she has a few people that come in regularly to change out dime and nickel boxes with her and there seems to be an upswing in the hobby recently she says. She also said" you are the only special one we order halves for", the others that come in for halves just ask for what they have, not order boxes. HH, Maverick.

They consider you to be special. Good job.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I have multiple accounts in several towns here and I've never once run into another crh'er in five years. Strange but true.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
mercury1 said:
They consider you to be special. Good job.

Thanks, I take my banks homemade treats and stuff every now and then, this week my dump banks are getting a round of home made Rum Balls for Christmas. HHS maverick.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of nine regular people, including myself. Plus four tellers that I know of between my dump bank network. So, thirteen altogether that I know of. I suspect there are waaay, way more.

Last edited:

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Wheneva I return coins to the bank there are always people with huge jars full of nicks or dimes. I occasionally see people walk out with half dolla boxes. I've talked to other members that live near me and they have horrible averages like me. I got skunked the last 5 boxes of nickels, last 4 boxes of halves, and last 6 boxes of dimes. The copper percentage is wayyyy down since I started a year ago. There's a man selling copper cents on craigslist near me that's prob why. I know a couple managers at banks that order several half dollar boxes for themselves each week. In my area there's no such thing as customer wrapped rolls.

Very crowded all over. At least a dozen people in my area just from this board; I'm sure there's at least 5 times that many hunting nearby.

the aweful tellers hide the silver in their drawers.

Does it jingle when they walk?

:walk::3coins:

OP
OP
Eminem

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
FormerTeller said:
Very crowded all over. At least a dozen people in my area just from this board; I'm sure there's at least 5 times that many hunting nearby.

Does it jingle when they walk?

:walk::3coins:

Nice wordplay homie we should make a rap

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A wiggle in her walk,
a jiggle in talk,

makes the world go 'round 'round 'round

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I know of one teller in my primary CU, one "older gentleman" in one pickup bank, and in other banks they say that people come in all the time asking for halves and large dollar coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions