Yosemite HELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPP

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yosemite is a National Park so no where inside the park. It is a beautiful park so enjoy it.
Try some the small towns east of Yosemite Park. I haven't been there since 1978.

I remember driving through the park heading east over the mountains and lots of old places east of park you can detect.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter is right. No Metal Detecting allowed.

If you are caught, you will lose all your MD Gear, and maybe your car. Take forever and cost you a fortune to get it back.

Look on maps (or Google Earth) and find old mines (they are there). You can go through the tailings piles by hand (or maybe with a pinpointer ;) ) I know people who have come out with nice specimens of gold in quartz.

Best,

Mike

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disassemble your MD and take the batteries out that is also the law. :) AA

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
yay! here's my tax money! yay! dont let me enjoy what i'm paying for! yay!

leave the MD at home so you dot even get tempted.. i know i would.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO WAY!

Take it with you. There are tons of places to detect right outside the park.

Mike

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with gollum take it and a map 8) AA

Cruisin

Jul 23, 2007
If you are near the Mariposa entrance to the park you can always head over to Bagby. It located on HWY 49 about 15 miles north of the town of Mariposa. The Merced River empties into a lake right there at the bridge on HWY 49 & you can pull into the day camping / recreation area right at the bridge. Panning is Ok there & I usually see guys with metal detectors too. Don't know what the laws are though. We pan at the very back of the camp grounds. You have to go past the boat ramps, then go thru the 1st camp ground, go a mile on a dirt road to the 2nd camp area, & walk (or use 4wd) 1/4 mile to where the guys bring their dredges. The river is really really low right now so you might find some relics near the boat ramps where the old ghost town is. You will see the old foundations. Watch for wild Turkeys & Ospreys too. The Turkeys hang out at the 1st camp ground. Oh yeah, watch for rattlesnakes!

BTW - I went there in April & caught 6 big salmon & 3 trout in 2 days. ;D

A word of caution - on HWY 49 if you see a 10 mph curve sign they mean 10 mph! It a really wiggly road & if you go off the drop is a couple of hundred feet - or more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread