Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. I decided to hunt a little bit today when taking the dogs for a walk, so I loaded them up and off we went to what used to be an old baseball field in the late 60's and early 70's. Today it is just part of a larger overgrown field. We had been there maybe 15 minutes and had found a couple modern cents and a '45 wheat when an older gentleman drove up with his Beagles to hunt. I thought I'd let the old fellow have it and loaded them back up and took them home. Off I go again, this time to another of the cornfields just harvested. Glad I did. I found a little clad, my second 1960 Roosevelt, another '45 wheat, the pretty little shard of green and white whatzit and my second round ball of the week. This one is in a little better shape and I think is a .50 cal. It weighs 319 grains and has that same nice white patina as the .54 I found. The shard was found at the end of the field next to the woods and some old yucca plants. Earlier in the season I had found part of a pewter spoon in that area. I was so pleased I decided to treat myself to the Seated Half at a local coin shop! Thanks for looking and HH.
syha6ypa.jpg

8y6a7yma.jpg

y5e4adu6.jpg

ny4e5apu.jpg
y9yreta6.jpg

Upvote 5

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good hunt and a good day. Like the seated. HH my friend.:icon_thumleft:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ! Silver is always awesome!

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all. I forgot to post the dirt pic of the silver. It came out looking really weird. Almost like it was spray painted. I really didn't know what I had for sure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 90

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, good for you!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pottery is great. Im just starting to find this stuff. Lots of history here. Great hunt.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Casca. I was hoping someone would recognize it and tell me about it. I have never seen that pattern and color before. There were some very old mining operations across the road and up the slope. The fields are part of a large old farm. But along one side of this particular field, there were some cottages as late as the 1960's. This is where the Roosevelt was found. This side parallels the river. Other than the old pewter spoon, I haven't found anything else suggesting an old house may have been here. I should have found more if it was the refuse site. There is also a rail line that runs between this field and the highway. Lots of things happening here. I have only made about 6 passes in the field so far.

Last edited:

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always nice to have a back up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread