you are tired and nearly back to the truck and this signal keeps calling DIG ME!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We've all been there, you are just wore out and you are headed back to the truck/car and you get this signal. you have already made up your mind that you aren't digging anything unless it is a possible silver signal, period! But you get this solid hit that in your mind is just another pull ring....but you are do for some gold, right? You swing over it again and it is as solid as can be but it ain't silver and so you start to walk away.

BBUUTT, it begins to call out to you, dig me, dig me! You start to ignore it but that little nagging voice keeps saying, "Could be a gold ring, you are due!" and so you turn around and moments later you are on your knees again as you pinpoint yet another pull ring. Twice over the years it turned out to be something very good so you have to check it out. Today I was very wet, cold and my lower back was screaming and I was having trouble just walking but this signal was crying out you gotta dig me and so I did. Well, don't have to worry about that one any more. The wife laughed at me but she does the same thing. it is what it is

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've all been there more times than we like to admit.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OTWBTTCs are half my best finds! 😂

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, normally the last signal of the day is trash. Yesterday it was a very old square piece of brass. Once, over a year ago, the last signal of the day was a Confederate button I had never seen before and I literally ran back to the truck and headed home I was so excited.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yes I have been there and also learned the hard way do not leave a target un dug

Was detecting for gold in a remote area and got a signal that was faint but repeatable gold signal, I cleared a couple inches off where the target was and swung detector over it again and it got louder so cleared couple more inches and hit solid rock like material swung over target again and still in the hole but getting louder and repeatable tried breaking through hard substance with my bunks hermit pick and it would not even put a dent in the substance, it was starting to get dark so I decided to leave it till the next day and bring back some tools that would allow me to break through the hard rock material well still to this day I have been unable to locate that spot again and I did put several markers in area so I could re locate but I still have never been able to find the location again so i learned a valuable lesson do not walk away without retrieving target,could have been anything but I keep wandering if it was a nugget I will come across that spot again sometime I am sure as I hunt there almost every week but just wish I would have finished the job when I had the chance LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions