jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I think Diggin Brit looks ridiculous metal detecting in that fashion. Time and a Place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she complained about being looked at. Then I would find it ridiculous.

as is , it is obvious why she does it.
and to me it is no different then every other woman out there who dresses to attract

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If she complained about being looked at. Then I would find it ridiculous.

as is , it is obvious why she does it.
and to me it is no different then every other woman out there who dresses to attract

I just think metal detecting in your Daisy Duke shorts and cowboy boots and a shirt that makes it look like a 10 pound sausage in a 2 pound skin looks ridiculous.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just think metal detecting in your Daisy Duke shorts and cowboy boots and a shirt that makes it look like a 10 pound sausage in a 2 pound skin looks ridiculous.

Very True :laughing7:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other

...With the possible exception of detecting on a beach somewhere. And I can't even remember the last time I saw a beach in real life!!

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Jeff, but I bet she gets more permissions than we do ;(

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Lmao well then you need a vacation my friend :)))

Its About Time.gif

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since i'm visual type of guy, Deft Tones just putted a disturbing image in my head :BangHead: Please wear your pants if you ride the elephant.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, people talking about a blog post isnt the same as people enjoying / subscribing to it.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was one of the few "click HERE to read my blog" posts that was actually worth clicking on.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya know there Dick... this one has been grinding on me for a few days.

I know, I should have better things bothering me, but this one just keeps popping up.

Your buddy comes on TN for one reason.

He is here to generate hits on his personal web page.

He's not here to discuss our finds, to tell people how neat the things they found are, or to give a congrats on a special find. He doesn't really care about the community here or what our people are finding or doing.

He is here to drive traffic to his personal site.

He doesn't discuss anything, he doesn't engage in conversations, he's here to take people from TN and get them to go onto his site.

It's like walking into a jewelry shop and selling your personal jewelry in front of the shop owner without giving the shop owner a cut of the sale.

Not very polite cricket.

I can't say I'm suffering the loss of your friend posting here.

I tried to at least get him to be a charter member. At the very least he would contribute something here before taking away our people with clicks to his site. His posts are one liners with links to his work. So, his intent is clear.

He wouldn't pay the minimum. Pretty crappy in my opinion.

So, I don't feel a suffering of loss at his not posting his links anymore.

I simply say, 'so long'.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
GIB, when I first read your post, my first thought was that it might be a little harsh. However, I have just looked back on JW's last 100 posts. Every single one of them had to do with promoting his blog on his site. I still think he wasn't a "spammer", as he simply did as you said - used headlines for bait and then a link to his blog for anyone who took the bite. I think what hurt the most was when I saw that he had made a post on a thread he did not start, and that post was also luring people to his site - providing they wanted to read his thoughts on the topic. Ah, here it is:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/514033-hello-all-tnetters-i-present-my-first-fibula-you.html
John's post is the last post of the thread. However, instead of copying and pasting and info from his blog into someone else's thread, he again says, basically, I have some relevant information on the subject, but if you want to read it you have to come to my blog site.

...I had written more on this, but there's no sense continuing on with it now - not if John wishes to leave. If, however, John wishes to return back to things as normal, it might cause a bit of a rift between the other members of Tnet, and I very much hope that doesn't happen. In any case, I will curb any more comments on the subject and see what the future holds.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is here to generate hits on his personal web page

Exactly. If he wanted to voice his opinion here, why not copy and paste the blogs instead of having a link?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John Winter is breaking no rules, please end the attacks on him and his threads.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Myth legend

Aug 15, 2016
Lost in space
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Metal Detector, now an At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read the comments about John Winter's recent blog post and I'm disappointed that he was treated the way he was. John is a good friend of mine, an accomplished detectorist, an editor for the Searcher magazine, well known and liked in the UK, and who like me does not get out detecting that much anymore.

if you would just spend a few minutes perusing his blog you will see that he has a wealth of information there, but it seems you would rather go out of your way giving him a hard time about what was simply a fun post and topic. If what he posted really offended you, I feel sorry for you.

This is exactly why I refrain from participating in forums. There's always someone who has a better way, who knows best for everyone, and whose voice and beliefs dictate the dialogue.

Now go ahead and shoot me down. I'm in good company.....

Tell your friend i said i would keep posting whatever he posted. People on here have their negatives, However you do have people who might find his stuff interesting. Have a nice day :D

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have read some of his stuff and enjoyed it. Live and let live

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread