You cant make this stuff up - Craigslist

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't make this stuff up - Craigslist

So I have an ad out in my local CL selling copper pennies. This is a response I received this morning to said ad:

"You can get pennies at the bank. $100 bill for 10,000 pennies . They will trade
dimes quarters nickles halfs and even rel gold dollars. SO NO THANKS I DONT WANT
TO BE RIPPED OFF TODAY. Maybe next week you will be selling swamp land in
florida?"

EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND RUSH TO THE BANK! BUY AS MANY "REL GOLD DOLLARS" AS THEY WILL ALLOW BEFORE THEY CATCH ON TO THIS SCHEME!!!! FINALLY I WILL BE ABLE TO QUIT MY JOB AND TRAVEL THE WORLD!

HH Everyone

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can see where you are coming from BigMoses and if I offended Mercury1, I apologize to him. It's just that I talk politics all day on the internet, with friends, and co-workers and I'm just tired of seeing/hearing all that junk everywhere and on a daily basis. I don't want to see someone make a political comment that makes someone else bring their point of view out and we start with "Liberals this..." or "Conservatives that" and we get away from the one thing I know we all agree on: Coin Roll Hunting.

No offense taken George. I probably shouldn't have made the comment but its hard not to sometimes as it just seems like I'm watching a crash in slow motion and its going to end badly. There is plenty of blame on both sides, no doubt. Many on this forum are into hoarding silver and gold because it has real value. The government keeps printing money with nothing to back it up and it's worth less and less all the time. The national debt keeps going up. It's unsustainable. No one who has any power to correct this, gets anything done. It's a big deal and I'm worried about it. That's where I'm coming from. Sorry to get off topic and I understand that this is not a political forum so ill try and keep a lid on it.

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not take the time to educate the "less Informed"?
If someone emailed me and asked why I was selling them I would take the time to explain it. When people email and act like an idiot they get treated as such. I got 2 more emails from this I share later.

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone emailed me and asked why I was selling them I would take the time to explain it. When people email and act like an idiot they get treated as such. I got 2 more emails from this I share later.

Can't wait to see it!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
when a person is making you money off what they do not know , but you do --why would you "educate them" ?-- ie tell them --your knowledge * -- tell a teller about silver and guess what all of a sudden all that silver you "used" to get --poof will disappear as she or he grabs it as it comes n and filter thru their hands --never lie to folks , but on the other hand do not cut your own throat either.

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
when a person is making you money off what they do not know , but you do --why would you "educate them" ?-- ie tell them --your knowledge * -- tell a teller about silver and guess what all of a sudden all that silver you "used" to get --poof will disappear as she or he grabs it as it comes n and filter thru their hands --never lie to folks , but on the other hand do not cut your own throat either.
71S37AA0Y9L__SY300_.jpg
my mintor ah yes my little chickadee :laughing7: LP:skullflag:

FAL guy

Feb 5, 2012
OKC, OK
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Good point, I don't suffer fools gladly either. Craigslist is full of crazies. My local CL has a listing right now advertising 4 ASEs for $200. The same ad was up two weeks ago and I called and offered the guy melt plus a $3 per coin premium. He said they would be worth more when silver went up. Of course they will!! Geez.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point, I don't suffer fools gladly either. Craigslist is full of crazies. My local CL has a listing right now advertising 4 ASEs for $200. The same ad was up two weeks ago and I called and offered the guy melt plus a $3 per coin premium. He said they would be worth more when silver went up. Of course they will!! Geez.

I would of told that guy CORRECT!! Duh!!

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As promised...

Ok so my response to this lunatic was "Lets see....do I even bother explaining this to you? Nope. You are clearly ignorant so it would be pointless. Real gold dollars, you just made my day. Have you always been this stupid or did it take decades of practice? Thanks for the laugh"

EMAIL 2:

"Coinflation.com. I am not as dumb as you think .SERIOUSLY YOU STILL CAN GET REAL
COPPER AT THE BANK . YOU CAN SORT YOUR OWN PENNYS STILL AND NICKELS ARE A GOOD
INVESTMENT AS WELL AND YOU DONT HAVE TO SORT NICKELS. THERE WILL BE MORE AND
MORE OF YOU VULTURES AS THE END OF THE DOLLAR COMES NEAR. DONT BE GREEDY PUT
SOME AWAY FOR YOUR FAMILY AND THERE FUTURE. SHAIR THE TRUTH WITH OTHERS SO THEY
CAN PROSPER AS WELL. GO TO ZEROHEADGE.COM. P.S. FIND OTHER WAYS TO MAKE MONEY
BESIDES CHEATING PEOPLE. THE ALL MIGHTY SEES ALL AND WE ALL WILL BE JUDGED. THE
BEST WAY FOR YOU TO PROSPER IS TO HAVE THE WHOLE COMMUNITY BE DOING WELL
TOGETHER THEN THERE IS MUCH WELTH FOR ALL AND IF ONE FALLS MANY WILL BE STRONG
TO HELP PICK HIM UP. GREED IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU IN THE LONG RUN. SIN IS FUN FOR
THE MOMENT BUT: IN THE END IT LEADS TO RUIN AND ULTIMATLY HELL . GOD BLESS"

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My next response: "Religion is for weak minded people who need answers that don't exist."

Now please keep in mind that at this point I am communicating with this person for my pure amusment and these comments are not intended to insight comment/discussion on this forum.

LUNATIC EMAIL RESPONSE 3:

"YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD THE TRUTH. JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT BELEIVE THE TRUTH DOES NOT MAGICLY MAKE IT SO . ONE DAY EVERY KNEE WILL BOW AND EVERY TOUNG WILL CONFESS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD. YOU ARE GOING TO STAND BEFOR GOD ONE DAY AND I GARANTY THEN YOU SHALL TREBLE IN FEAR . TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE HOLY BIBLE TODAY BEFOR ITS TO LATE. I PRAY YOU COME TO REPENTANCE IN CHRIST BEFOR IT IS TO LATE. GOD BLESS YOU"

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My final response: "You should try reading a dictionary, so many misspelled words I wasnt sure if it was English.

Keep your religion to yourself, NOBODY CARES!

YOU REALLY SHOULD SEE A MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL."

They sent me one final email asking me to stop emailing them. We shall see if I am done with this yet, it is a little bit fun - LOL!

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked it better before I knew he wasn't a complete whackjob.. I mean, he's right. You can still go to the bank and get them, and sort them. He just doesn't understand the time it takes, and probably no idea of the copper to zinc ratio. You spent time sorting them, you should be able to attach whatever pricetag you want to your time! (Of course you should have a reasonable idea of what your time should sell for before you even do the job)

I'm also tired of people calling "rip-off" on stuff for sale private party. BUY IT, OR DON'T. If you don't like the price, light negotiate and move on.

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked it better before I knew he wasn't a complete whackjob.. I mean, he's right. You can still go to the bank and get them, and sort them. He just doesn't understand the time it takes, and probably no idea of the copper to zinc ratio. You spent time sorting them, you should be able to attach whatever pricetag you want to your time! (Of course you should have a reasonable idea of what your time should sell for before you even do the job)

I'm also tired of people calling "rip-off" on stuff for sale private party. BUY IT, OR DON'T. If you don't like the price, light negotiate and move on.

Yeah - I had another guy email me about a silver chain, telling me "it's only $70 in silver how do you get $150????" Why do people waste their time? I'm not selling it for scrap, cause its not scrap! Do I think I will get $150? no - but everyone lowballs on CL so you gotta start high and the first $120 was gonna take it. If you dont like the price MOVE ON! Or better yet say, "hey I'll give you scrap value if you are interested," you never know maybe someone will take it.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will message people letting them know the price is way high. Like ase for 65. Maybe they don't know or just think thy will get that much. I'm never an ahole just honest and give my offer. After that they can do what they want

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will message people letting them know the price is way high. Like ase for 65. Maybe they don't know or just think thy will get that much. I'm never an ahole just honest and give my offer. After that they can do what they want

Yeah I agree, on occasion I have said something like "Hey just an FYI that item is selling on Ebay for about $100, so if you are interested I will give you $90" or something like that.

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's light negotiate. Present your case, make an offer, prepare to move on. It's not a "rip-off" just because someone doesn't want to sell something you want for the price you want.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
heck , I was willing to tell folks "known" gold producing spots that iwere "open" to the public for panning in their local areas --it took me much time and effort to produce the data base of knowledge --all I asked for in exchange was a 10% fee of gold found to be paid only after they found gold using the info I provided them and after it "panned out" * well after a year of providing "free" up front info with " 0 returns" and being cussed out online for "charging" folks for info that they "could" look up online (if they wanted to spend day upon day doing so --I was offering the "cliff notes" version --boom here the info you need in a nut shell )--finally my computer crashed taking the data base with it --so I never rebuilt the data base --not worth the non paying hassle.

however as a "gift" to the public in the Georgia state area section --I put up a link to some old state of Georgia gold bearing area maps -- its in the state of Georgia "virtual vault" archives

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread