You dont look like any cow Ive ever seen!

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't look like any cow I've ever seen!

This horse(named Blake) is one heck of a cow pony---my husband uses him in the summer months when he helps some of the local ranchers with shipping(cattle). The horse likes to "eat" cattle--especially when he's in the corrals! He will lay his ears back and bite at them. And this is just because he's a born and bred quarter horse. So, when the buffalo(bison) were turned out in the pasture by our house, he didn't know quite what to think of these smelly, hairy cattle things! We have laughed at him especially when the buffalo walked up to the fence and tried to get a closer look at him. The first couple of days all the horses were scared but Blake finally figured out that they're just another version of bovine :laughing7: He really gets mad if they get too close and will lay his ears back and bare his teeth. You can almost guess what he's thinking "You ugly cow! There's only one little fence separating us or I'd be all up in your business!!" :laughing9:
Animal behavior is so funny sometimes ;D.
Thanks for looking!
sandcreek

Attachments

• P1130435.JPG
    P1130435.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 447
  • P1130431.JPG
    P1130431.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 446

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: You don't look like any cow I've ever seen!

Those buffalo would surely give the horse a (bad time), we used to have mules that would pick up little calves with their teeth & swing them around.

Fossis...........

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fossis said:
Those buffalo would surely give the horse a (bad time), we used to have mules that would pick up little calves with their teeth & swing them around.

Fossis...........
Fossis--Its just been really funny (to us) to see how our horses interact with these buffalo. Our little miniature donkey sure doesn't like them---the only way he'll get anywhere near them is if the other horses are standing between him and them ;D.
Have a great Sunday!
sandcreek

S

seger98

Animals are pretty funny. I was sitting in my tree stand hunting deer, watching this rabbit hop along & eat some grass when a doe approached. That doe jumped a mile when that rabbit started hopping around where it could be seen. Wonder what the deer was thinking, not like it was a sabre tooth rabbit or anything.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

seger98 said:
Animals are pretty funny. I was sitting in my tree stand hunting deer, watching this rabbit hop along & eat some grass when a doe approached. That doe jumped a mile when that rabbit started hopping around where it could be seen. Wonder what the deer was thinking, not like it was a sabre tooth rabbit or anything.
You know I think a doe is skittish about almost anything! The just like to "blow" at stuff :D. The deer we've been feeding by our house don't like these buffalo too well. One doe got caught in the middle of the buffalo herd and almost hurt herself trying to find a way out. The buffalo just wanted to see what she was,,,but she wasn't going for that! :laughing7:
Thanks for the comments, seger98! Have a good day!
sandcreek

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very cute pic ! You can just read the horses mind! I know over here you can just see the deer out in the middle of the cattle but I've not been where I can watch for them in the middle of bison!
Thanks for sharing ! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GRANNY ELF said:
Very cute pic ! You can just read the horses mind! I know over here you can just see the deer out in the middle of the cattle but I've not been where I can watch for them in the middle of bison!
Thanks for sharing ! :icon_sunny:
Thanks Granny Elf! I've been wondering about you (and just noticed you've changed you user name!).
The deer are starting to get used to the bison now. At first they were like the horses, kinda scared of the bison.
~~sandcreek~~

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rando said:
man, I've gotta get out and ride...

It's been TOO long..
Nothing like a good horse and wide open spaces, huh, Rando? Our horses are a little fat from not getting rode enough--the cinch won't hardly go around their bellies :laughing9:.
sandcreek
4-H said:
Very funny!
Thanks 4-H!
sandcreek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread