You ever get tired of scooping up Money?

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went to our favorite N.C. beach near Wilmington this weekend (left Friday came back today). I got up Saturday morning before the sun came up and put fresh batteries in the Ace 250. When it was still a little dark I walked the two blocks down to the beach. I was the only cat swinging a box so I proceeded to wander around kind of harum-scarum, digging up the occasional pull tab and penny. I was still having fun, so I kept just sorta wandering around. I was walking over to throw some pull tabs and my empty diet Pepsi bottle in a trash can when I started getting beeps everywhere I swung in an area the size of a full sheet of plywood. I scooped and hit 65 cents in the first scoop. I couldn't let my coil rest on the ground without it beeping. I was pulling out quarters, dimes, and or nickels with every other scoop! It was like someone had dumped out the cookie jar right there! I spent 45 minutes scooping and ended up with $12.45 in change without ever hitting the first penny. I was so sweated out from bending and scooping I was kinda hoping it would end soon. I couldn't make myself stop until the beeps stopped coming which they finally did. I took my new gained treasure to a popular old grocery store at the beach that makes hot biscuits and with whatever you want on them and bought breakfast for the family. It was a good morning!

HH,
Ramapirate

Upvote 0

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Whoaaa! That sure puts my 4.65 pile to shame :tard:

I wish I could feel sorry for you having to do all that digging.

Mike

limitedthoughts

Mar 8, 2008
vale, oregon
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Quick Silver
I had that happen to me thursday . It was 102 here and I was walking from shade to shade and got hit in the middle with beeps. I dug and needless to say 2.65 later in change in dry dirt.

Well I think i called it a day after that.

LT

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been lucky with a few hot spots like that. Maybe there was a concession stand there serving beer, LOL. HH, Mike

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
12 bucks in change no cents ? if thats a pocket spill whos pocket the jolly green $$$ giant ? what was theres a soda machine or sumpin near by or maybe a clothes changing station ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread