Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A house in my neighborhood burnt down 3 months ago, it was built in 1925. Been drooling about the front and back yards, waiting for my chance to get my silver. The house just got knocked down this week, planned on hitting it tonight....
The construction crew busted a water main between the sidewalk and street, just as they were leaving with the last bulldozer. Now the sidewalk is all tore up, huge chunks of cement are now on what was the front yard, and the bulldozer is now parked on the rest of the front yard.
The "nosy neighbors" that I am, I approach the guys, they tell me that water will be shut off tonight, till the city fixes the mess...and tomorrow the site will be graded, and top fill applied.

I HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

C'mon man.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel a bad cold coming on. Buy there lunch and tell them to take a long one. Lol

HH RN

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sleep? Who needs sleep when silver is calling you.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I feel your pain! Perhaps after lunch, you will "come down" with a stomach ailment...wink, wink!

Good Luck with the property.

Foxtrot197

Jul 21, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AM2s with groundhog duel coils both cranked up , Garrett ace 250 , Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If somebody wanted to and not saying I would do anything like that but if I di not want anyone to dig at all I might take a can of yellow and a can of red spray paint. Find out who the utility marking company for the area is (they are usually always closed on weekends but it always takes a few days for them to catch up with whatever county inspector would have visited any location) Spray the yellow paint in a line near the right of way on the property border then run a couple yellow lines towards the BLD on the ground .Take the red paint and make a x inside a circle on each yellow line and write GAS beside it with a question mark on each yellow line towards the BLD . Put a note on the front door stating the utility marking company will be there in 2 days and do not dig. Not sure if thats the correct way to put it down but think it would be clever enough to work. I would think that should give you some time but I would not do it but I think it would work the first time.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
angry_greg_head_explode_big.gif

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow Foxtrot!...Thanks for really considering some options!:laughing7:
So the timing of this whole ordeal has sucked. Amazing how much work these guys did while I'm at work! So I get home yesterday, the ground is graded flat, and a thick layer of hay on top, to cut down on erosion from the rains. Seems that the front lawn area is still beepable, I am gonna check it out later this morning.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should have taken a flashlight and did some night patrol in the neighborhood.

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I haven't hunted too many old homes but I've always found the best stuff in the back yard, not the front yard, if there is a back yard. Hit that up. Clothesline area, under any large trees, you know the drill. :) I do feel your pain, this happens to me ALL the time. The city is currently ripping up and landscaping the oldest park in my city as we speak. Fenced off, heavy equipment everywhere and trucking in new dirt to make some horrible scenic hills or something. I almost cried. I've found a lot of good stuff there over the years.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never found a 'cache' in a front yard.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOooops Another water main just broke down the road.

Ahhh man that sucks your tractor / bulldozer wont start... sheesh I wonder what is wrong with it.

Did you know this ground is haunted... and the last people who disturbed it have never been seen again.

Hmmm wow guys ... that sucks there is a "stop work order" over there.

AND finally....
My vry best from outta my... ummmm.... ehhhh HAT... :P

Hey guys you all wanna hear something...
Shhhhh... don't say anything to anyone else... but the original owner of the land hid millions of dollars in gold somewhere on the property...
I happen to have a detector...
I will split it with all of you if I find it...
Just let me check it all before you guys get to work...

(as I am detecting)... Man all I keep finding is the old crappy change everywhere... sheesh no gold... oh well sorry. :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread