you guys might already know this but......

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to 25-30 yardsales every saturday and one of the things i look for are old computers. I get 2-3 a week. once I got 7 but didn't have time to tear them down. I had 11 in a row waiting for the wirecutters.

Well last weekend was kind of slow. this guy had some electronics and one old tower computer. I offered him a dollar and he accepted. Then I saw a Tivo and asked if it had a hard drive and he said yes so I paid $1 for that too.

When I got home I tore it open just expecting to pull the hard drive and saw a big circuit board and decided to get it also. When I pulled it out and blew off the dust I could see it had GOLD spots everywhere AND on both sides. A lot more than any motherboard.

Later that day I got to a pile of VCRs I wanted to toss and saw another TIVO I had forgotten I had. So I opened it and it had TWO hard drives and the same gold filled board.

So always keep an eye out for SONY Tivos. I will look at other brands too, not sure if all have hard drives and good boards.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice i scrapped about 50 computers (abotu 40 desktops and 10 laptops) when my company upgraded to all new machines to support the migration to windows 7.

how do you sell your motherboards and gold fingers dan? Fleabay?

Bigheed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread