You have to push through the skunks

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've only started ordering half boxes in Dec. and had an excellent first month. I have been keeping up at least two dozen boxes per week, and this last week I had a little wind knocked outta my sails with a 20+ skunk streak. So last night I finally broke my that streak with a few 40%'s in two boxes.

Continued going through that bank's boxes today and found a better box with some more Bens and Walkers, proofs, my 2nd '86 Liberty Immigrant Commemorative clad and my 1st '94 World Cup Commemorative half. I especially like the World Cup Commemorative as it has a proof mirror finish. The pic attached has the coins from that good box, a nice motivation to keep searching.

HH

Attachments

• image-3311745723.jpg
    image-3311745723.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 217
Upvote 0

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hell yeah, Walkers for life!!! Great find, keep it up!!

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice FF. Another collection reclaimed!

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go FloRida! That is one fantastic score! Here's to your good luck in the future!

OP
OP
FloridaFinder

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
agme said:
Very nice FF. Another collection reclaimed!

Weaselbrott said:
Way to go FloRida! That is one fantastic score! Here's to your good luck in the future!

Thanks all. I sure hope I found all of the collection. The first box was a skunk but then the 11 boxes had 26x90%, 63x40%, 11 proofs, and 5 Commemorative clads. The 90%'s were mostly Bens and Walkers, and the Commemoratives were (1) 1986 Liberty Immigrant Comm, (2) 1992 Liberty Olympic Comms, and (2) 1994 World Cup Proof Comms. I'll post pics of the goodies together later this evening.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice there FF, that is the works, just when you're at your wits end a good box shows up ( I'm at my wits end right now, lol). I can seem to get any of the flat boxes sealed un searched sent out to one of my banks, very frustrating! Guess I'll just stick with my cube boxes for now on. HH, Maverick.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!!!

Florida, on that first pic, all the way on the left, in the middle row... what coin is that? I didnt think I saw you mention it

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!!!

Florida, on that first pic, all the way on the left, in the middle row... what coin is that? I didnt think I saw you mention it

Panamanian Balboa silver coin. Seems like they show up a lot of boxes from the south. I am in the NYC area, and have never seen one of these.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah alright, I thought I had seen one before on Tnet... I havent seen one in person though... Must be a southern goodie

OP
OP
FloridaFinder

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Weaselbrott said:
Panamanian Balboa silver coin. Seems like they show up a lot of boxes from the south. I am in the NYC area, and have never seen one of these.

It's a 1982, and unfortunately a clad. I've found a couple of 2000 era ones, and when I saw the older design I hoped it would be silver. Maybe one day I'll find an older silver one. It's still interesting to find an older design.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
FloridaFinder said:
It's a 1982, and unfortunately a clad. I've found a couple of 2000 era ones, and when I saw the older design I hoped it would be silver. Maybe one day I'll find an older silver one. It's still interesting to find an older design.

I have about 10-12 of them ranging for the 70's to the 2000's, I keep them all, I just think they're cool. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread