DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. You drive 10 hours to Florida from Tennessee with all of your gear for one chance Saturday at hunting the surf.

2. You charge your battery to full capacity the night before.

3. On Saturday, you load your gear into your truck including the battery for the trip from the room to the beach.

4. You get to the beach and can't find the battery to put into the detector so you resign yourself to watching others treasure hunt for the rest of the afternoon because you can't leave your kids at the beach to go back an look for it at the room.

5. After the day at the beach you get back to the room and find that the reason you couldn't find the battery is because you loaded it into your detector at the room and it was in the freakin detector the whole time you couldn't find it.

Got to love getting old!

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
6. You remembered to bring the little blue pills, but you forgot what they are for.

Wooo-hoooo~ what a neat trip. I've never done anything like that in MY life. I've never made a mistake like yours, twice...

S

stefen

You Know You Are Too Old To Metal Detect When you brought your weed-whip instead of your MD :coffee2:

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
OH MY GOSH! I want to add something to this so bad AND I can't remember any cute lines to add! There has GOT to be a thousand of these. I hope all you gng's can put some short "You know your too old to metal detects" in here.

thorny196

Apr 11, 2007
Moyock, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Sand Shark
You know your to old to metal detect when you walk through the hotel lobby to your truck with all your stuff only to realize your in your boxer briefs and not your bathing suit !!! (good thing its still dark)

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you change batteries 6 times in your non ID detector before you realize the batteries are ok you just left the jack reducer for the head phones in the machine when you unplugged your head phones the last hunt so you wouldnt lose the reducer.......ya I'm guilty , the Red Head laughed for days over that one :-[

Stickmarsh

May 17, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur & Sovereign
My dog Jack says, "You are too old to metal detect, when you lose more than you find."

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh man I can relate to this so much.

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to the beach on my motorcycle once and realized I forgot to bring the sand scoop. Sure is more tiring when you have to search the beach with a screwdriver and a little gardening shovel.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are to old when you get everything packed and get to the hotel to find out you lift your wife at home. Now you can just dream of being young again while looking at all the young thing runing around on the beach. Then catching ____ when you get home.....

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there was some guy here that went on a trip somewhere and wallowed around on the ground with his pinpointer...i don't remember why he didn't take his detector.......but he had his pinpointer

lucky d

Oct 2, 2008
fla la land
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur
hee hee hee!....i think stickmarsh hit the hammer on the nail....."loose more than you find"...i gotta laugh....hh

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You finally get to the area you want to hunt and find the gravity at that location has increased enough to make you exhausted.

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
....you realize the reason your detector isn't working, is because you've been swinging your walking cane at the sand. :laughing9:

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
How about when someone says they are going to do that when they get older?
And they look the same age or younger?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I drove to the Treasure Coast for the once in a lifetime opportunity to hunt after 2 major hurricanes. I packed my coil and my MD control box but for some reason I forgot the aluminum shaft.

We had to sneak past the police roadblocks onto the beach with my detector kinda hidden under my arm before I realized I was missing some parts.

I managed to find a crooked branch and I shoved it into the coil on one end and the box on the other and I hunted a bit. I wish I had a picture.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread