You know you might be a CRHer when..

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you coworker asks you to pick him up a burger and you check for non-clad edges and pull out the pre82 pennies from the change.

you actually pick a penny up off the ground

you take the take the zinc pennies out of your kids piggy bank and replace with copper as good practice

you actually dream of getting an box of full double enders

you pay people back with dump rolls instead of cash

you watch for how many rolls a cashier has in the register even as small stores

you offer to roll your neighors coin jar for them

you start correcting tellers on how much a box, roll, etc is worth

you're the only person you know whos coin jar is less than an inch full :)

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you coworker asks you to pick him up a burger and you check for non-clad edges and pull out the pre82 pennies from the change. Done it

you actually pick a penny up off the ground Son, I've picked a quarter out of a urinal. Just wash your hands.

you take the take the zinc pennies out of your kids piggy bank and replace with copper as good practice Don't have kids yet :dontknow:

you actually dream of getting an box of full double enders Done it. I also had a dream about morgan dollars the size of my palm.

you pay people back with dump rolls instead of cash Once in a while. I tried bill searching a while ago and paid a food order with $43 singles. The guy actually wanted them for making change, but it was hilarious.

you watch for how many rolls a cashier has in the register even as small stores Yea, I think they get nervous when I do that.

you offer to roll your neighors coin jar for them Friends and neighbors.

you start correcting tellers on how much a box, roll, etc is worth Did that twice this week

you're the only person you know whos coin jar is less than an inch full :) What coin jar? That stuff gets dumped off weekly :occasion14:

Some of my own:

You find wrappers in your car, floor, etc.

You know the vault managers by first name.

You drive to a different location to dump off your empty boxes in the recycling.

You keep your 'normal' change in one pocket, and any finds in your watch pocket in your pants.

Your wife asks what you're doing, you say "being nerdy", and she replies "I'm so surprised".

You peer into the teller's coin tray whenever you are at the bank.

You cringe when you see someone dumping off coins into the machine/coinstar and think about offering cash for them.

You turn on TV and start looking for rolls to open.

And this one is personal:

You've considered having students sort out copper pennies for you if they have detention. You haven't done it...but you've considered it.

Last edited:

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you can make more money with $500 cash in a month than $30K in the bank for a year!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread