Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got up at my usual 4:00 AM yesterday morning and headed out to a spot I had checked out once before. It was the park in the seedy part of town that I posted on several weeks ago. It is one of the oldest parks in Tulsa and there was a drive by shooting there just a few weeks ago. I figured the thugs would be too lazy to be out at this time in the morning and was right. I was well heeled however! The reason I went back is because I remembered I had not detected the "chips" and with the big holiday there shouild be some easy clad to be had. When I got there I found that someone had beat me to the chips around the playground as there was dozens of little dig marks among them. But since I was there I thought, "What the heck, you never get it all"! Clever huh? ;D Even though it had been hit hard and heavy I still picked up a couple dollars worth of clad, mostly dimes and quarters and three nickels back under the playground equipment. You will get a lot of interference back in there but if you turn your sensitivity way down and go really slow you can often find missed coins.
Fireworks in the City limits is illegal and I couldn't believe all the expended fireworks that was laying around! The park was trashed out with trash and ugh, even several soiled diapers, in spite of trash cans available all over the place. I usually try to police up trash but this was so bad it was hopeless. I could have spent all day there and not even made a dent! This particular part of town is always complaining about not getting as much of the City $$$ as the rest of the City but then this is the way they treat a nice little park! Disgusting! They get just about what they deserve in my observations. The place was so nasty I didn't spend a lot of time there but I did pick up about $6.00 more in clad out around the basketball court and found half a ring with a diamond looking stone , probably zirconium. The rest of the ring itself had deteriorated and was missing, so it had been there for a while.
Just a little note on my almost daily sunrise adventures. JIM

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Jimmie, thanks for sharing the experience! HH, Mike

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds!
I think every city has at least one of those nasty places..... it is sad. :'(

;)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal Jim!

HH

Lonewolfe

buudman

Mar 31, 2005
phila.pa
JIM I 2 LOVE THOSE EARLY MORNING HUNTS.NICE QUITE NO ONE AROUND I JUST GO ABOUT MY BUSINESS BUT YOU KEEP LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE HEAD PHONES ON,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
BUD

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to add, I found two bullets in the childrens playground wood chips! Aniimals! JIM

Y

yurt_boy

If the bullets are discharged "bullets," not intact "rounds," you might consider giving them to the police. Most crime labs keep track of signature markings on bullets, both ones found at crime scenes and test fired ones from seized weapons. Who knows, you might be able to solve one of those drive-bys with your find.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
99% of the people I would encounter there are honest hard working folks and I have nothing to fear from them. The 1% are the maggots who infest and intimidate the good people. Of that 1% , 99% of them exist on fear. I don't fear them and I know I'm a hell of a lot better shot than they are. It wouldn't bother me one bit to send one of them to meet Jesus. I was on a stakeout once in the heart of the high crime district. Was in an old wrecked van with tinted windows all rigged up for surveilance. Every evening about dark a little old lady would come walking by carrying a great big butcher knife. Everyone she met on the sidewalk would give her a wide berth! I'm kinda' like that little old lady. So far they have given me a wide berth. The few who approached to me would back off and say something like, "Man that dude's crazy"! I do a pretty good homicidal insane person act, but it's easy for me 'cause I don't have to act much! ;) No, the day I think I have to take backup with me is the day I quit going there. JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread