You Never Know

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to one of my dump banks this morning. Didn't have a lot. But I did fill a bag and the teller had to change it out.
When she pulled the machine out, I could see a lot of coin on the bottom below the bags. I could see they were for the most
part foregin. I inquired what they did with them. She told me they are returned to their coin distributor. OK. She scooped them up.
By this time the assistant manager was behind the counter cashing in my pay slip. The teller dumps the foregin coin onto
the counter for her and another teller to look at. She couldn't identify one of the coins. She handed it to me to look at.
It was an 1865 Newfoundland large cent. Again I asked if it had to be returned and the assistant manager said I could have it.
Looking through the rest, there was an 1893 Canadian large cent also. I could have that one too. Not too shabby.

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice work! pics please, never seen those coins!

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sick! And I cant even hit a cornstar find.....Sick means good by the way, at least in my part of the world...lol

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions