You want the good news or the bad news????

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, AT PRO, XP DEUS,CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good news, my wife ordered me an XP Deus for Christmas from Big Boys, should be here by Tuesday night.. Bad news, on the way to do a little hunting with the AT Pro, the transmission in my car decided to crap out. OUCH!! This could turn out to be the most expensive Christmas of my life!! I'll find out Monday the damages for my car. UGH! Anyway, I will be new to the Deus and would really appreciate any help,tips or suggestions to good videos to help me learn my new machine before it gets here. Thanks in advance, CAN'T WAIT...

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had to start all over again on day 1 when I received mine, I would run the Deus Fast program, turn the frequency down to 8 from 18 (this will keep aluminum siding trimmings from ringing up like coins) and re-hunt your residential properties / parks for coins until you understand what the machine is telling you, coins will ring up in about the same range as your ATP and you will find a lot of coins your ATP missed. The Deus is a tone machine so if you get a good high tone clipped in with an iron tone you should dig it. Also make a test garden, holes with coins only and holes with coins and nails, some nails close and some nails a few inches away from the coin. The Deus is awesome, you will love it - Good Luck and enjoy!

OP
OP
P

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I had to start all over again on day 1 when I received mine, I would run the Deus Fast program, turn the frequency down to 8 from 18 (this will keep aluminum siding trimmings from ringing up like coins) and re-hunt your residential properties / parks for coins until you understand what the machine is telling you, coins will ring up in about the same range as your ATP and you will find a lot of coins your ATP missed. The Deus is a tone machine so if you get a good high tone clipped in with an iron tone you should dig it. Also make a test garden, holes with coins only and holes with coins and nails, some nails close and some nails a few inches away from the coin. The Deus is awesome, you will love it - Good Luck and enjoy!

Thanks for the info, i'm gonna make a test garden while i wait for the Deus to come. My wife got it used from Big Boys Hobbies, same place i got the AT Pro, I'm very happy with them. I can't wait to get my hands on this machine!! I still can't believe it, either she really loves me or she really wants me out of the house... lol

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good news, my wife ordered me an XP Deus for Christmas from Big Boys, should be here by Tuesday night.. Bad news, on the way to do a little hunting with the AT Pro, the transmission in my car decided to crap out. OUCH!! This could turn out to be the most expensive Christmas of my life!! I'll find out Monday the damages for my car. UGH! Anyway, I will be new to the Deus and would really appreciate any help,tips or suggestions to good videos to help me learn my new machine before it gets here. Thanks in advance, CAN'T WAIT...

Mike there are alot of videos on the Deus over at YouTube. They are decent videos. I would suggest reading the owner's manual and getting Andy Sabisch's book and reading it over real good to give you a base. Also, use the pre-programmed programs until you get real good and have a need to tweak the programs for the area you're hunting. The Deus is all about the tones! Remember to dig everything that sounds good at first to get use to the machine. Chatter is usually always junk from my experience and you will clearly know chatter from a tone with the Deus.

You are going to love this machine!

OP
OP
P

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike there are alot of videos on the Deus over at YouTube. They are decent videos. I would suggest reading the owner's manual and getting Andy Sabisch's book and reading it over real good to give you a base. Also, use the pre-programmed programs until you get real good and have a need to tweak the programs for the area you're hunting. The Deus is all about the tones! Remember to dig everything that sounds good at first to get use to the machine. Chatter is usually always junk from my experience and you will clearly know chatter from a tone with the Deus.

You are going to love this machine!
Thanks mtsheron, i've been watching the videos on youtube and i ordered the Andy Sabisch book a few days ago, i'm waiting for it in the mail. This Deus looks a bit overwhelming but I'm willing to take the time to learn it however long it takes. I can't wait to get going but the weather here in Philly is getting cold!! My hunting window is starting to close. I'm gonna work on a test garden until it warns up a little. Until it gets here, I'm watching the videos and reading. Can't wait to get going!!

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you can buy Andys book, best 20 bucks spent.....

Use a program and learn what it is telling you before trying to make a custom one, your going to love the Deus, but know that it is way diff than the ATP, but also do not over think it, keep it simple and she will get you the goods!

Jim

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PhillyMike 68
Read the manual online. When you receive your deus get a nickel and a dime drop them on the floor. Turn your deus on. Go to basic 1 program. Sweep the coins. Next start adjusting the settings in basic 1. Things like audio report, number of tones and the pitch of the tones. You won't lose any info or mess anything up. The preset programs are permanent in their settings. You want to go back to square one, just turn the Deus off and then back on. The menu trees toward the back of the manual are helpful. The 2 key settings to watch are reactivity and silencer.

OP
OP
P

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When you can buy Andys book, best 20 bucks spent.....

Use a program and learn what it is telling you before trying to make a custom one, your going to love the Deus, but know that it is way diff than the ATP, but also do not over think it, keep it simple and she will get you the goods!

Jim
Thanks Jim, i'm waiting on the Andy book from the mailman..

OP
OP
P

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PhillyMike 68
Read the manual online. When you receive your deus get a nickel and a dime drop them on the floor. Turn your deus on. Go to basic 1 program. Sweep the coins. Next start adjusting the settings in basic 1. Things like audio report, number of tones and the pitch of the tones. You won't lose any info or mess anything up. The preset programs are permanent in their settings. You want to go back to square one, just turn the Deus off and then back on. The menu trees toward the back of the manual are helpful. The 2 key settings to watch are reactivity and silencer.
I didn't know you could get the manual on line, I'm reading it as we speak, great info, thank you...

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sucks about the Garrett AT Pro. Here is some great reading if you have not seen it already.

XP Deus Discrimination Settings Explained

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread