Youll never know if your dont hunt it.

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll never know if your don't hunt it.

I stopped at one of those blink once and you passed me stops this morning....It was one of those drive in and back out places found a 42 Merc. made the day. 1103131511-00.jpg

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I often wondered about hunting those type spots, now I know my answer, nice going

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to a school athletic field yesterday with the expectations of finding a few surface drops after a soccer game. The school is only 10 yrs old so i didn't expect much. I only found maybe 60 cents in the soccer area so I walked along the perimeter of the track and field grounds and then the grounds in front of a cpl ball diamonds and in 2 hours walked out with $8.44 and most of it was at least 5" - 6" deep. The funny part is the school was completed in 2003 or 2004 and all the clad I found with the exception of one 2006 quarter was between 1972 and 1989. I was happy didn't care if all was 2012...I did find a silver ring with a small amber stone in it as well.

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes that was a nice hunt! Iam so jeleus some of you guys can still get out and hunt , this used to be a great stress reliever for me and for a couple of hours all your problems disappear

Last edited:
OP
OP
Potts

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes that was a nice hunt! Iam so jeleus some of you guys can still get out and hunt , this used to be a great stress reliever for me and for a couple of hours all your problems disappear

My season is nearing the end, soon the white stuff will be hitting us also, I bought on rock tumbler from harbor freight for coin cleanup a something to do winter project, over the winter I'll rescreach some new sites for next year. If the weather holds I want to do a river hunt for some float copper in an area I passed yesterday, a couple I know found a chunk a few years back and sold it for 1500.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1500? That's a nice chunk! What part of the UP are you in? I get up there once in a while to camp and go waterfall viewing. Beautiful country up there, and clean air!

OP
OP
Potts

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someone on E-Bay is selling a 1840 pound chunk of float copper starting bid at 6000, buy it now at 8000....This is the interesting description he gave....Float copper first formed as vein copper in the cracks of basalt flows, most likely coming in as a hot solution from deep underground. As the hot solution cooled, very pure copper precipitated out. This mix of copper and rock sat there in place for a very long time until at least one of a series of many glaciers formed in what is now Michigan's Upper Peninsula (specifically the Keweenaw Peninsula). These glaciers tore out sections of copper and rock, crushing and tumbling them until the brittle rock fell away. This left very pure nuggets of copper strewn throughout the glacial deposits of the region (some of these nuggets have been found as far south as Ohio). These nuggets occur in sizes from tiny to huge (I think the largest found to date is around 80,000 pounds). The piece being sold in this auction is not quite that large, but it is rather large - 1840 pounds. It measures 63" x 44" x 4" thick. It has a green oxidation patina from weathering in the ground for who knows how long. It also has a couple knobs of native silver on it, making it a half-breed (not anywhere near half though). There are several obvious glacier scrape marks over the top surface as well.....I live in the Western end of the U.P. about 15 mile South of Lake Superior.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a huge piece! Yeah I get up to Ironwood a few times a year. We love it up there!

OP
OP
Potts

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What makes you think I live in the Ironwood area lol.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol am I wrong?

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aww.. my bad. Well the whole UP is awesome... lol

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking the Western End. 15 mins south of Lake Superior. I gotta be close...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread