spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to hear about your best day ever. The only exceptions of best days is one where you met your other half, got married, or birth of any children. I consider those the easy way out. If by by chance those were only your best days ever, you really need to get a life. :tongue3:

I am looking for a short story with a happy ending for once, like a great find, a heroic event, landing a job, or any accomplishment that is worthy of notation.

Mine best day was yesterday, after 2 plus years of seeking employment I finally landed my dream job. I met this employer during a business holiday luncheon on Dec 8th, and we were just talking about market conditions and exchanged cards and discussed business in general. Although I do own my own company, I was struggling for 2 years and really unable to make ends meet. Even with my long hair, he somehow took a shinning to me and we talked again the next day in further detail. Yesterday I met with him and his partner to see how my fit would benefit both parties. I got the call last night and an initial offer was made for a trial period, one that is acceptable to both parties. I know that once I prove my worth, money is not an object and I will finally get the right compensation for my efforts.

Yes, I will have to get a haircut again to fit into the corporate world, but it is well worth it ;D So this may well be the last picture of me and one of my accounts with my locks :laughing7:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4655/194045835856343651.jpg

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a Kentucky militia button here in California and Buckleboy still hasnt found 1.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahaha! '...almost cut my hair today..' At least you got hair to cut, and I hope this job works out too. The farther in life I go I'm tempted at times to think my 'best day ever' was the day before I was born.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery said:
I found a Kentucky militia button here in California and Buckleboy still hasnt found 1.

Get find especially in CA and I think that's just short of a miracle :tongue3:

RGINN said:
Hahahaha! '...almost cut my hair today..' At least you got hair to cut, and I hope this job works out too. The farther in life I go I'm tempted at times to think my 'best day ever' was the day before I was born.

Great song, thanks and I am with you on that thought too :laughing7:

Then again, tis the season for Christmas miracles, so keep the faith :icon_thumleft:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice picture! :)

my best day ever was getting my first horse. Being a horse maniac my parents allowed some riding lessons thru the years but never was allowed to own one. After saving money from my first real job after college, yup, I got my paws on my first horse....never looked back haha
Had many horse thru these years but that first one, a QH, Willy was the best! He opened the door to a fun and wonderful hobby in this life for me. A true horsey person I am :laughing9:

congrats on that work situation and best of luck for a great future!

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
My best days are when I volunteer to help people, rather it be driving Senior Citizens around on the golf carts at the County fair, putting the Mothers day weekend festival together or giving out the food baskets before Christmas.

Philanthropy has became an addiction for me and I love everyday I can help someone, it makes the folks feel good and it makes me feel like I have more of a purpose in this Life.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farmer, I know what you mean on that purchase. When I was a teen I remember getting a job to buy a brand new 3 speed bike. Once I saved the money and bought it. I was in heaven for weeks, but flat broke :laughing7:

Wind, knowing all of your posts, I would expect nothing less from you :icon_thumleft: That type of selfless work is most rewarding, but I am sure there is a better story buried there somewhere.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two barber dimes near a very old large tree in Golden Gate Park in S.F. They were only 10 feet apart, both found in within a 20 minute period. ;D I'd love to do that again!

Michaelangelo

Jun 9, 2009
Piedmont N.C.
Christmas seven years ago. My wife and I have 5 kids and decided to teach them the great feeling of giving. My wife is a Hospice nurse and meets folks from all walks of life. She was telling me about a family of seven from Nicauragua, the wife dying of cancer. She had little time left and all she wanted for Christmas was a Nativity scene. They had 5 kids from two years old to nine and couldn't afford to get the kids presents. I got a bonus that Christmas and decided this family needed the money more than I did. I explained to our kids the situation with this family and told them their present from me would be to teach them the joy of giving to those less fortunate. We got the ages of all the kids and I gave our kids $1000 to buy presents for the family. They had a blast all going to stores together and shopping for this family. The spirit was really starting to grow.
On Christmas eve we all went to the family's house loaded down with presents, our kids very apprehensive as to what they would see. Only one person there spoke English but no one had any trouble once the unwrapping began. The looks on all the family members faces were absolutely priceless. I just hung back in the crowd and watched as everybody laughed and giggled with each present opened. Our kids got the gift of a lifetime-learning the joy of giving to those less fortunate.
We did give the wife a nativity scene-she never took it out of the clear plastic wrapping. Right before she passed away a few months later she asked her nurse if she could hold, it saying it was "talking" to her. She died with it in her hands.
Every Christmas since our kids ask who our family will be for secret Santa. They love the tradition and even though there are no more bonuses we continue the tradition.

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
My best day was when I gathered up the intestinal fortitude to get over the worst day of my life , of course I had some help from some earth bound angels .
Congratulations on your recent accomplishment Spartacus and enjoy the holidays and your new opportunity . :icon_sunny:
Kudos and best holliday wishes to you and your family as well Michaelangelo . :thumbsup:

S

stefen

I was dreaming of happily swimming in this massive cavern and It was then that I experienced this gush and witnessed a bright light at the end of a tunnel...

Then suddenly I was hit from the rear...

Slap! Slap!

Shocked, I let out with a horrendous scream...

Next thing I knew I was being suspended by my ankles, and a humongous white monster with big ugly teeth approached from my blind side and engulfed me.

Next thing I knew I was sleeping again and having this dream of suckling bountiful breasts.

Again and again, I was slapped, and in the distance I heard the distant voice of my wife yelling at me to wake up and to keep my hands to myself... :read2:

Michaelangelo

Jun 9, 2009
Piedmont N.C.
Thanks dirt doctor and wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas as well.
Our recipient last year was one of my daughters students. Her Mother was very poor and seldom she would even have money for lunch or clean clothes to wear to school. My daughter Elizabeth asked me if we were still doing the secret Santa and told me of this young child (6 years old). The only stipulation was my daughter was never to tell anyone what she was doing-that was one of the lessons of giving-not for attention but from the pure satisfaction of knowing she was making a difference in someones life. She secretly mailed the Mother $300 and bought clothes and toys for the little girl which she left at her house when no one was at home. Of course the little girl was telling everyone at school of her presents from Santa and how excited she was with her new clothes, and the money her Mom got from out of nowhere. It didn't take long for the other teachers at school to put 2 and 2 together and they suspected Elizabeth was Santa. She never admitted and I believe that was one of her favorite Christmases.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best day ever was April10,1992 the day my twins were born. :hello2: :hello2:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The day I spent at sea aboard my ol' Navy ship, the USS Constellation, with my wife, 3 sons and a granddaughter. We were allowed on the flight deck about 30 feet from the launching and recovering of the jets. I was a flightdecker when I served aboard her during 3 tours in Nam and I was proud to be able to share a small sample of what the flightdeck was like. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks dirtdoctor, and I'm glad to see you were able to bounce back from a bad day and make it a good one.

WTG Michaelangelo on your continued charity to others in need. I am sure they are Kodak moments.

packerbacker said:
The day I spent at sea aboard my ol' Navy ship, the USS Constellation, with my wife, 3 sons and a granddaughter.

When I first saw this I was wondering how old are you :icon_scratch: :laughing7: I was thinking of the original USS Constellation that is now sitting in Baltimore.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually the one in Baltimore is the second Constellation. The original USS Constellation was a frigate with 38 cannons. According to the net she was the first U.S. Navy vessel to put to sea and the first U.S. Navy vessel to engage and defeat an enemy vessel. Constructed in 1797, she was decommissioned in 1853. She spent much of her time freeing slaves from slaveships and giving the Confederate Navy trouble during the Civil War.
She served in the Barbary wars and the War of 1812. In 1853 she was scrapped at the Gosport Navy Yard in Norfolk, Virginia. At the same time, the keel was laid for what became known as the second USS Constellation. There is still a mystery today as to whether the old Constellation was just rebuilt at that time or whether an entirely new ship was built. Interesting given the staunch way the Navy keeps records.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Packerbacker, thanks for correcting me, but either way, neither of the 1st 2 vessels had a flight deck !!! :laughing9:

So I was lost and will remain so. I'm going to my happy place now :tongue3:

Michaelangelo

Jun 9, 2009
Piedmont N.C.
Thanks Spart. Only Kodak moment was the family we visited to deliver the gifts. All the others have been anonymous.
It's a great tradition with all the kids now grown and gone. Sure miss the early Christmas mornings and seeing all the kids with their presents from Santa!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions