Your Goal/Biggest accomplishment with CRHing proceeds.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Your Goal/Biggest accomplishment with CRH'ing proceeds.

Hello all, I have been thinking lately about a good solid goal to keep me focused and on track so I can build my stack CRH'ing. I came up with one about a week ago that I still havent committed to yet. I thought about how cool it would be to CRH until I had a stack that I could use to literally buy a house. Now, I think the reason I havent committed to that YET, is because it seems like a pretty extreme goal. Im still working it out in my mind, something like that could take 10, 20 or 30 years for that matter. Depending on the variables that affect this hobby... Not to mention the price of Real Estate, the Spot priced of Silver, once you have enough built up... etc.

So, Once I was thinking about this goal, I thought, I wonder what types of accomplishments some of you veteran "T-Net'rs" could share with the rest of us? I remember someone when I first joined this site, was talking about how she paid for her daughters wedding with her proceeds from CRH'ing...

Anyone else care to share? I would love to hear them...

Happy hunting.

Chris.

Upvote 0

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
Re: Your Goal/Biggest accomplishment with CRH'ing proceeds.

I want to stack up enough to open my own antique/collectibles shop.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

I bought more 999 silver and more gold

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other

You know you stole my idea, Except I want to buy an acre on the beach and build me a small beachhouse. I figure at finding $100 a week for about 10 years should be enough to atleast buy the land and get a foundation layed. I am young and it is a goal!!

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC

Goal:

Stock up on the four precious metals.

Gold, Silver, Brass and Lead. :hello2:

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goal:

Gold, Silver, Brass and Lead.

Don't forget some copper too! hah i love that.

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011

NaturalJWL said:
Goal:

Gold, Silver, Brass and Lead. :hello2:

Brass is not a metal, its a copper alloy.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

fistfulladirt said:
OK i'LL bite, brass?
... as in shell casings. For those that need further explanation (azlegends), brass and lead are components of ammunition.

OP
OP
TheRockDoc

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011

OMG.. I love this thread already, these replies are great. I am hoping for some of the veterans out there to share some of the actual stories about what they were able to buy, or do with their proceeds from CRH'ing- With one of my possible goals being to buy a house outright w/CRH'ing proceeds, I would love some feedback on whether or not any of you have done something like that...

Keep them coming everyone.

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other

1 Ton of 95% copper cents = 2000lb = $3,025 face value

I'm currently at 266lb ($390) and realize that 1ton a very achievable goal. I would set it at 10 Ton, but that is $30k in face. I know I could process that many coins, but am limited on budget and I doubt I could tie up that much capital.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have accomplished 3 tasks with CRHing: Paid for my daughter's wedding en toto, sold some silver to buy gold, and stashed some silver. The first item was the best!

apush :read2:

Attachments

• bridal.jpg
    bridal.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 577

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Apush, as a college aged guy I will say your daughter is quite attractive! Too bad shes married :-\ lol. I just started but I also have the dream of building enough silver to purchase a house, or at least make a sizeable down payment! I think this goal is closer than we think seeing how silver continues to rise! I love this threa by the way!

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I guess seeing my stash hit a value of 4 figures would be an accomplishment to me. Or pulling a key date coin. Just today I got a 1917-D Walking Liberty with mintmark on back(1,940,000 mintage). And speaking of weddings, there's a running joke that I'm stockpiling Silver for my wedding. I'm not dating anyone at the moment, but that gives me all the more time to load up on Silver for when it actually is time for my wedding.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

bought all my hunting supplies for the year - doe in heat scent , seed for food plots , new "game" camera plus 3 new full sets of camo clothing size 7 x ( pants and shirt ) plus a belt, and 2 sets of camo perry suspenders (big man camo isn't cheap ) all from silver picking halfs --( 0 wife complaints to deal with --which is priceless ) since no "household funds" were spent on my deer hunting thanks to the excess funds gained by selling off the found silver . :icon_thumright: :wink: ;D - one hobby paying fer another.

and catching a 90% 1995 "s" half dollar :icon_thumright: score --less than 700,000 made --the key to the kennedy half set

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011

Diver_Down said:
fistfulladirt said:
OK i'LL bite, brass?
... as in shell casings. For those that need further explanation (azlegends), brass and lead are components of ammunition.

Lol, I can't believe I overlooked that. In that case, yes it is a beautiful precious metal.

AgentX

Dec 21, 2010

After cut backs in my benefit package at my company....I work for a bank :-\

I set a goal of finding enough to pay for my kids college. Current age 6 months and 20 months.

We looked at both Duke and UNC. If they want to go to Duke, I'll need to search around 50 boxes a week for the next sixteen years to pay for one year tuition!

OP
OP
TheRockDoc

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011

Ah, nice Apush, I could not remember who that was, but it was you. I think that is soooo freakin awesome that you did that for your daughter. What an amazing hobby that #1 it is so enjoyable, (the finding part anyways), and #2 it can actually pay for other things that most people find "stressfull" or too costly -weddings, college, houses, hunting, ammo etc... What other hobby can actually earn you money while doing something enjoyable? my only regret is not finding it until I was 28... I beat myself up daily over that. Wish I would have started CRH'ing 10 yrs ago.

I recently started doing research on guns, and ammo, I too think that stocking up on ammo is a good purchase with CRH'ing proceeds.

Apush-your daughter is beautiful, she gets it from her momma. :wink:

Ivan-as a hunter, I know how expensive that can be, and I think its awesome that you enjoy one hobby to pay for another hobby. I too love to hunt, good luck this year.

Agentx- the college idea is a great one, I have thought about this one too. I have a little boy who just turned 2 yrs old last week, and I would love to hand him the money for a college education. I laughed when you busted out the #'s you would have to search for the next 16 yrs to pay for a year of tuition.... I wonder if you factored the rate at which Universities have been raising tuition for the last 10 yrs? Unbelievable, I am thinking that something will have changed by the time our kids are college age, maybe I am being neive, I just think with the internet, and the information age, something has to happen to bring those tuitions down. I figure by then, it will be a standard to do online "virtual" education. Costs on that would be minimal. I guess we will see, I would rather have the tuition saved than bank on cheaper costs of tuitions... So we have his fund started and rolling along nicely.

Has anybody else noticed that CRH'ing has helped them save money? I have struggled to save money in my adult life, but since I started CRH'ing, It has become fun for me to save... First it was just saving the "silver" that I found, but I have noticed I dont spend the money when it is in the form of 250 lbs. of clad coinage, and not only that but I have also started saving cash money more than I ever have in my life too... One of the few positive side effects of CRH'ing I guess... for me anyways.

OP
OP
TheRockDoc

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011

madwest said:
1 Ton of 95% copper cents = 2000lb = $3,025 face value

I'm currently at 266lb ($390) and realize that 1ton a very achievable goal. I would set it at 10 Ton, but that is $30k in face. I know I could process that many coins, but am limited on budget and I doubt I could tie up that much capital.

I love this goal because it seconds as a great way to "save" money... Best part is, you are more than likely saving money that is appreciating at a much better rate than the traditional savings rate options that we have now...

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My goal is retirement. Each week, pluck down 20 90% half dollars and walk away with another months worth of groceries. All the ASE, Maples and hopefully gold in the near term should do just that.

I have 15 years left, plenty of time to build a nice stockpile, dont'cha think.... :laughing7:

:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread