Your gonna love this

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
Gman knowing where i live tells me I should try a route he pointed out to me.
Today I did, and found myself running out of time and luck. Then the last place I stop has $200 in halves. The teller says with a snide look on her face that there is no silver in these. I hand rolled them myself. she then said something about silver being 1968, which I paid no attention to.

I told her I'd take them anyway being I look for other stuff too.

I then asked her what the date of that dime in her tray, closest to her was. 1964 she says, and almost stuffed it in her pocket before I could say: can I buy it? She reluctantly turned it over to me. As I left I thought, MAN if this wasn't so far away I turn this into a dump spot for the way she treated me.

I then got home and looked through the hand rolls expecting nothing....
"DON"T ASK, DON"T TELL" took on a new meaning.

25-1967's 1-1969....and the reluctant 64 dime!

Attachments

• 1967.JPG
    1967.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 624
Upvote 0

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver! Nice to know that the "know it all" tellers don't know everything ;D

I really can't understand why some tellers act like a$$holes while doing their job. I have a savings account at one bank in my town and I deposit at least $25 a week in pennies. Every week they act as if I'm handing them a big ole pile of crap. I just don't understand it.

low xtreme

Oct 5, 2006
georgia
Whyme said:
Congrats on the silver! Nice to know that the "know it all" tellers don't know everything ;D

I really can't understand why some tellers act like a$$holes while doing their job. I have a savings account at one bank in my town and I deposit at least $25 a week in pennies. Every week they act as if I'm handing them a big ole pile of crap. I just don't understand it.

people are lazy. nuff said.

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
Fortunately for every bad teller I come across I come across a good one. Some tellers go so out of there way to help my obsession it surprises me.

Brian

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kestrelia said:
Fortunately for every bad teller I come across I come across a good one. Some tellers go so out of there way to help my obsession it surprises me.
I can't remember if I posted this, but last weekend as I was asking a teller for halves the teller next to her asked me if I collected coins. I said yes and she pulled out something she said she had been saving for 3 years. 19 silver dimes and asked if I wanted them. I said yes, how much do you want? She said $1.90 ;D

She had been waiting that long for someone to ask for coins.

We always seem to remember the witches (and yes, in my case they have always been female) because of the bad impression they make for their company.

engine 823

Dec 27, 2007
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
Usually Older women to!! I call them old bitties!!!!! You can tell when you walk into the bank by just looking at their facial expressions!!!
Good Hunting!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Wetgreenie

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
That's awesome C-Dan!! And restores a little of my faith in people.
I often think it would be good to throw a keeper back into the pile for someone else.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
engine 823 said:
Usually Older women to!! I call them old bitties!!!!! You can tell when you walk into the bank by just looking at their facial expressions!!!
Yes, I try to avoid certain tellers just by their looks, gender and ethnic background. It has nothing to do with bigotry and everything to do with practical experience in the field.

Younger tellers tend to be pretty helpful. But I have been fooled, had to go to some older tellers and they loved their job and helping customers.

Hydrantman

Feb 4, 2008
Earth
I have had very good luck with the tellers at my banks. I use one for buying and three for dumping. All of the tellers have been very nice and very conversational (especially at the dump sites). They are all interested in learning how I get so many halves and what I do with them. I am actually up front and honest with them and tell them I look for the silver and errors. They seem to enjoy hearing what I have found during the week. I also have everyone of them keeping an eye out and holding any Ikes or other interesting coins for me as I go there every week. I also allow plenty of time for the dumps and have the tellers deal with other customers while I wait for the machine to count. It's also helpful to avoid "rush" periods like opening hour, lunchtime hours, and closing hour. They seem to appreciate that as well.

I always said a little politeness and friendly conversation will get you alot more bees than honey!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread