Chipperi

Greenie
Aug 4, 2016
Piney Flats, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Now I am new, but I notice as I watch shows, and videos, that people seem to carry large backpacks. I carry my detector of course, pinpointer, a short shovel. I shove most finds in my pockets (I plan on getting some kind of pouch). I also keep some spare batteries, and some bottled water in the truck. Not enough to necessitate a backpack.

Now all you guys/gals what do you lug into the field, that you need a pack for??

Upvote 0

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do mostly city hunts and the vehicle is close by, so not much goes with me on a site. I use a large plastic kitty littler bucket that carries inner tube for dirt, pin pointer, Lesche, trowel, tack puller and large knife with a saw blade. All finds go into my pocket and trash (or large keepers) into the bucket............
Batteries, cooler with drinks, first aid kit, and other tools/needs are in the van...............

Last edited:

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I hunt for 6 to 8 hours at a time and am usually far away from my truck when my battery needs changing. For a while I kept everything I needed on a belt with my finds pouch but after long hunts it got heavy on my hips. My solution was to get one of these small packs. Holds all the equipment I need ( batteries, toilet paper, spare parts, flashlight, magnafying glass etc..) plus snacks and water. It does not get in the way detecting and now I don't feel like I'm wearing Batman's utility belt anymore. HH! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 61XJWzUrl7L._SL1000_.jpg
    61XJWzUrl7L._SL1000_.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I needed some Freezer Packs a few Years ago, But never remembered when in the stores .
Thankfully while Hunting an Old Reservoir Site, I saw three Freezer Packs Laying over the Reservoir Embankment with Trash.

View attachment 1346149

I call it my " Forward Psychic Will ", Put them there .
Unfortunately I haven't been able to "Conjure up" a decent Cooler with that Psychic Will Yet.
Or remember to Purchase one. So they sit Idle in my Freezer 90% of the Time.
as the cooler I have will only fit 3 Cans of Soda with the Packs.
but recently switched to water and by water bottle is too big for my tiny cooler.

so I live on Warmed Water when out Hunting.

Hey Jeff, I see them all the time at yard sales and sometimes on the curb after they do not set at the said yard sale. Good score on the freezer packs, nothing worse than pulling a soggy sandwich from a cooler full of meting ice.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea for some reason I don't see coolers in the stores or the yard sales .
they become physically invisible around me.
I guess I really Should Write "Cooler " in my Memory Note Pad,
and Actually Look for one next time out.

Right now we are on a 100 Degree + Heat index wave all week

1.jpg

not good for me to even go outside for long

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the original detector bag in my car that hold all big tools. It came with the pkg. For when i'm out hunting I used the Garrett bag. I wanted something not camo color, so I started looking. Being a woman I didn't want anything bulky or heavy. It took some time and searching but I finally found a "Husky" brand tool pouch. It holds my tools and all my finds. Love it. 13942457_904623526316371_2136289507_n.jpg

Last edited:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Items always in the pack: spare detector parts, batteries, head lamps, portable field work light, velcro strap roll, spare headphones and adapter, rain suit, poncho, windbreaker, full size bath towel, wash rag, toilet paper, wet wipes, antibacterial wipes, deet bug spray, sun block, work gloves, parachute cord, duct tape, electrical tape, first aid kit w/super-glue, notepad w/pencil, emergency charger, detector sling, ball cap, spare socks, two bottles H2O, water filtwr straw, granola bars, chocolate bars, swiss army knife, fixed blade field knife, plastic grocery sacks, toothbrush, lighters, spare carabiners, 3'x3' section of plastic tarp, net hammock, bluetooth speaker.

Weighs 30 pounds or so, but packed correctly wears like 15.

Be prepared .... even for naps!:thumbsup:

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in TN so as long as I am not on school grounds, there is a Colt Defender under my shirt...

I forgot to mention as part of my kit....Gloves! I need to get some pads for the patella's too! You have given me some more good ideas too like bug spray. I also keep a folder in my truck with all my signed permissions in it.

What do you mean by signed permissions and do you have a pre printed form for people to sign when they give you the " go ahead" to MD their property? Thanks, Dan

Foxtrot197

Jul 21, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AM2s with groundhog duel coils both cranked up , Garrett ace 250 , Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found that a nail apron from home depo works for us . We each wear one.It holds most everything and they are only a buck ea and comfortable and when worn out just chuck it and grab another one.

KELLYCO*SCUBA*CHRIS

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Apr 21, 2015
Orlando FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett AT Pro, Nokta FORS CoRe/Relic/Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff let me know if you want I can get you a new drawstring backpack

thaigler

Jul 27, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesero Bandidio, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jeff of PA how do those AA Batteries do from Family Dollar? I bought some C batteries for a flashlight (in date/fresh) from Family Dollar and they would not power the flashlight.

Tom

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff of PA how do those AA Batteries do from Family Dollar? I bought some C batteries for a flashlight (in date/fresh) from Family Dollar and they would not power the flashlight.

Tom

well the Rechargeable lasts me 3 Hunts in my Explorer.
each hunt averaging 2 to 3 Hours.

The Family Dollar AA's last me at least 10 Hunts averaging 2 to 3 Hours each.

they are good batteries

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as far as Flashlights Go.
I hate flash Lights ! They work when I buy them.
They sit away till I need them & Then they no longer work.

I no longer use Flashlights.

If I need a Light in an Emergency I use my cell phone Light

thaigler

Jul 27, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesero Bandidio, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In your picture you posted, you have AA for your MD...( i guess that is why you have them) Do the Family Dollar AA work well for you

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In your picture you posted, you have AA for your MD...( i guess that is why you have them) Do the Family Dollar AA work well for you

yes read my post #33
above

OP
OP
C

Chipperi

Greenie
Aug 4, 2016
Piney Flats, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep it's a preprinted form I found somewhere. That way if a nosey neighbor calls the law then I am good.

Patrick_Jr

Greenie
May 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im using Aqua Quest. Bought this bag for a 2 week motorcycle trip so I could pack all the camping gear in the dry bag. It worked great, held a lot of gear, tent, matt, batteries for my garrett , light, , sleeping bag. We drove in rain three times and never had any water enter the bag, glad i bought and look forward to the next time I can use it

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt for 6 to 8 hours at a time and am usually far away from my truck when my battery needs changing. For a while I kept everything I needed on a belt with my finds pouch but after long hunts it got heavy on my hips. My solution was to get one of these small packs. Holds all the equipment I need ( batteries, toilet paper, spare parts, flashlight, magnafying glass etc..) plus snacks and water. It does not get in the way detecting and now I don't feel like I'm wearing Batman's utility belt anymore. HH! :thumbsup:

Where can I get this bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread