Your Most Memorable Treasure Outing?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After all those years of chasing treasure there always seems to be one or two trips that stand out above the rest. So please share your most memorable outing/outings in this thread. Here's one of mine;

Not sure why this trip is always so fresh in mind, didn't really find anything all that exceptional on this trip but it just seems to be one of those trips when the essence of the hunt is all about you on every passing day. My good friend Mike and had taken a week to travel about treasure hunting, camping, and just exploring the remote & semi-remote back roads in the north country. No real plans had been laid out beforehand and it was all pretty much "shoot from the hip" each day. The weather was fantastic and we relocated our camp about every day on a different small lake or stream. We found lots of old stuff on that trip, everything from coins to guns to fishing lures, jewelry, old torpedo top beer cans, and so on, but like I said, nothing all that spectacular. This was during the fall of the year and the entire forest was aglow with every shade of red, orange, and yellow. The lakes were all gin clear and always glassy, every morning present an outstanding array of mirror reflections and the sunsets were always a sight to behold, campfire always crackling in the brisk fall air. Kids were all back in school and not another soul anywhere to be found. It was just one of those perfect trips, always quiet and peaceful, refreshing & relaxing.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a favorite water outing and a fav land one
The water hunt was in 2007 - I went down to Fla. just after a bunch of small storms
had gone thru - I was lucky to find a couple of un-hit cuts and came up with 26 pieces of gold jewelry
a hand full of silver finds and a ton of coins over $70 worth face
lot of digging - but I never had so much fun fla gold -1 trip.jpg fla silver - 1 trip.jpg

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is total haul from that trip
total haul from fla trip.jpg

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper,.....that's not an outing....that's a treasure haul! :thumbsup: Days like that are forever in your mind.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper that haul knocks my socks off.

I am beach hunting this week. I will pale in comparison :)

but please tell me how you cleaned up those rings? thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread