your protocol at banks

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
While hunting yesterday, I began to feel a little sheepish as I went from one bank to the next asking a bunch of questions. Just wondering what your SOP (standard operating procedure) would be when you go to a bank. For me, I discovered that it is much easier to go through the drivethrough to ask if they have any rolls of halves than going in. Many of the banks would sell them to me through the window, one required that I come in. Obviously I couldn't go through the ones that use vacuum to suck the little container to and from the bank, hehe. I could just imagine what two or three roles would do.

Anyway, when I would drive through most of the banks I would start out, hello do you have any rolls or loose half dollars that I could buy? Most would reply, "no, sorry." Well, here is where my questions start, do you ask them "what about "Ike" dollars or do you just call them "large dollar coins?" Next, do you just move on or keep the questions rolling?

Also, what do banks do when you come in with say, two boxes of halves that you want to exchange? Most of the tellers I spoke with were very happy to be relieved of their supply of half dollars. I can only imagine what the teller would do when you roll in a dollie with two boxes full. Has anyone every been denied exchange? The other problem I had was everytime I intended on dumping my old supply, I couldn't resist asking first if they had any halves. After asking, I didn't want to then give them a bunch.

For some reason I almost feel bad about all the trouble I may be causing tellers.

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was kinda like that my first time too. Thinking to myself....these people will think I am nuts!! After 2-3 times you will think nothing of it. Good luck and bring home the silver!!

I have 100 rolls to dump tomorrow myself.....plus about a 75 rolls of pennies. I'll need a cart....lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread