Your thoughts on digging " Overload Signals"

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting what targets are giving an overload signal for some. I have dug many beer cans and zinc jar lids, but none of them have ever been an overload.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dug 1 overload, ironically it was a shovel. But not a very old one!!!

SneadsFerryMD

Apr 10, 2012
Sneads Ferry NC
Detector(s) used
Torreseo Sand Shark, Whites Beach Hunter ID, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last overload was a water soaked Iphone. The majority of the time it ends up being buried pop/beer cans, but occasionally you will be surprised. I dig all the overloads, just so I can save some ear damage my next trip.

Santo10

Jul 8, 2008
I was in a covered garage with a dirt floor....got an overload signal as a passed over a clump of dirt. I kicked the clump and out came a large circular object that appeared to be some type of coin. It was very dirty and appeared to be rusty or extremely tarnished. My first thought was that the coin was copper or clad and had rusted. My wife is a chemist....and I asked her how to clean the coin, so she took it....and came back a minute later, and said...this coin isn't copper...it's silver. Turns out that it was a 1917 British Half Crown. It turns out that the guy who originally built the house and garage was in the first World War and evidently brought the coin back with him.

With that said...99.9% of the overloads have been plow parts or tin cans but you never know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread