Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a true money pit, all the investors may as well just go to the hole and throw their checkbooks in. Im going to laugh my butt off if their 20ft long high tone signal turns out to be rusty iron.....I like the other show, America Unearthed, with the forensic geologist, seems to have more of my interest.

America Unearthed is pretty interesting, though I have not seen any new episodes this year. On The Curse of Oak Island, I hate how they think every signal they get on the metal detector is going to be Knights of Templar Treasure, even though it's most likely junk dropped by one of the other treasure hunters who came in the past.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the reality is that once upon a time a man grew tired of digging a new outhouse hole every two years. He decided to dig the once-for-all-time outhouse hole..
mystery solved

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the reality is that once upon a time a man grew tired of digging a new outhouse hole every two years. He decided to dig the once-for-all-time outhouse hole..
mystery solved

That explains the stuff they are finding...alot of Shi.. Stuff

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
The whole "Oak Island" thing has happened to me several times. Dug a 20ft hole only to find out and pinpoint the dang target was stuck in the side wall of the hole the entire time. Knowing my luck the 20ft high tone signal would be a beer can in the bottom of the hole or a previous digger's flashlight that fell quite some years ago.

Jdubbya74

Jan 6, 2014
Denton County Tx
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally think there is a treasure buried there. I watched last "season" as I had heard of Oak Island. They should let me loose on that island and I could detect all the aluminum cans and such for them :) ! They will find it if they don't get too discouraged or if it hasn't sunk out of range.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep watching the show, but I know they did not find a treasure yet, because too many people are involved to keep their lips tight about it, they film the shows way ahead of time before they air them, maybe season 3 they might find something, if it is even there.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well they do manage to keep the Survivor winner secret with all those contestants and crew. I think it comes down to having the right non-disclosure agreement.

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Apparently the government of Nova Scotia thinks there is something of value there. They are getting ready to seize the entire Oak Island and everything in it.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently the government of Nova Scotia thinks there is something of value there. They are getting ready to seize the entire Oak Island and everything in it.

Yep. This will be the way they end the season, scene 1:"tomorrow we remove the treasure" scene 2: authorities move in and shut them down.

Last episode they mentioned mining that had occurred previously on the island.... platforms every 10 feet sounds like a mine.

Also not trying to conceal the pit, by leaving a block n tackle, or whatever was left on the tree limb that drew the original diggers there, sounds like a mine.

I hope they find a big treasure, but I'm skeptical.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would they make a platform every ten feet?

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookout, I just watched the new America Unearthed, guess where Scott Wolter is going on show number 2 next week, yes Superstition Mountain, you know he had too, I just love reality shows, lol. Remember the TV show in the 70's called In Search of with Lenard Nemoy, [ Dr. Spock } it seems Scott likes to visit the same places.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if they would be better walking the beaches with a detector verses chasing every lead and inviting every armchair treasure hunter to the island that has a theory.

Jdubbya74

Jan 6, 2014
Denton County Tx
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tech detectors they have it should be pretty easy to locate a treasure. Those nokta high dollar machines supposedly find caves, voids, and such. It's turning into a circus cuz now they have that clown from treasure force coming out.

TSCOM

Oct 13, 2014
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tech detectors they have it should be pretty easy to locate a treasure. Those nokta high dollar machines supposedly find caves, voids, and such. It's turning into a circus cuz now they have that clown from treasure force coming out.

Yeah but Oak Island is cursed so no matter what high tech equipment is used, it will malfunction.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show is complete BS . They could turn the island upside down and will find nada. The younger brother is a sap and the older brother is dilussional.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show is complete BS . They could turn the island upside down and will find nada. The younger brother is a sap and the older brother is dilussional.
Since you know nothing is there...tell us what the pit was dug for.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Since you know nothing is there...tell us what the pit was dug for.

The original, or one of the later ones?

I'll kick this one back at you: where exactly was the original pit located?

I'm a self-professed skeptic. This doesn't mean that I automatically disbelieve anything that comes my way; rather, it means that I base my secular beliefs on proof rather than faith. (Religion gets a pass here, and I make no apologies for that.) What frustrates me about many legends - this one in particular - is just how thin the proof is. There is an inordinate amount of horse apples floating around regarding this tale and instead of fact-checking them and seeing them for what they are, most are content to simply pass them along as fact. Done for enough years/decades/centuries, these horse apples start to resemble fact.

As I've stated in the past, I'd dearly love for something to be there. I think that there are some real shockers in eastern Canada's history that have not yet seen the light of day, the kind of shockers that will turn our concept of history on its head. But Oak Island? When the horse apples are removed, there's little left.

Plenty of arguments both pro and con are over in the Money Pit subforum. You'll likely need a few days to read through it all, but should you find yourself idle, incapacitated, or simply interested, there's a lot to see there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread