New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Zombies....Watch: Walmart Fight Over Last GTA 5 Video Game

truther October 14, 2013

Kevin Lake

Once upon a time, in an America long, long ago, children used to read books and play outside. Then, this amazing thing called technology came along and began changing the way American youth spent their time.

No one paid too much attention while American children across all 57 states (we love you Barry) stayed glued to this amazing box called television, that had shows about a dog named Lassie, and a masked crusader with a Native American translator who rode through the American West and took out the bad guys- all with breaks every eight minutes, so that the corporations who bring such things to you could tell you what food to eat, what clothes to wear, what car to drive, etc.

But technology evolved, and the children of America soon had these little sticks in their hands that they’d use to interact with the television in the form of video games. These games seemed pretty harmless at first, as circled creatures ate dots while being chased around the screen by little ghosts, and some monkey would pick up barrels and throw them down the ladders at the bad guys who were trying to catch him.

Eventually, parents turned a blind eye, as mom and dad were both working, now, the grown up version of those kids, who a generation before had believed those advertisers dispersed between every eight minutes of their favorite shows, and who had run out and bought all of that crap that they were told they needed to own in order to be the best them that they could be.

Somehow, the part about how purchasing all of those consumer items would transform America into a two parent working household, out of absolute financial necessity, was left out.

Anyway, the video games became violent in nature, and in the late 1990′s many parents began monitoring the use of such games. However, when the world economy collapsed after the attacks of Sept. 11, there was just not enough time to monitor everything the kids were doing, as mom and dad and step-mom and step-dad alike had to run out and make as much money as they could in such a fledgling economy so as not to lose all of the wonderful, wonderful things they’d purchases, because that television had told them they must, by God!, and the kids were left to their own devices.

Fast forward to today, and we have parents that not only allow their kids to play such violent, vile, mind-numbing games, but we have some who will fight other Walmart shoppers for the last copy of such games, in this case, Grand Theft Auto 5, so that their kid can have it.

Oh, the evolution of American society.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so did one of them win ?

& when does Theft of grand theft auto come out on the shelves ?

AntonioDilo

Nov 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel that the games are not bad to play only if the things are not implemented in real life. I completely agree that the games can definitely have a negative impact on everyone's thinking but only if it is taken in negative way.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel that the games are not bad to play only if the things are not implemented in real life. I completely agree that the games can definitely have a negative impact on everyone's thinking but only if it is taken in negative way.

So, does killing the hooker in order to get your money back after the deed is done constitute anything positive? Welcome to Tnet....

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all depends on how you kill that hooker.
You can curb stomp her face into a pulp or be more humane and cover her in Uzi spray. ::)
Interesting to see how the new PlayStation and X-box frenzy before Christmas is affecting the herd.
I still have my original Coleco Vision and games from childhood and regret selling that Super Nintendo.
My how things have changed! :o
Cheers,
Dave.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coleco... Awesome, I wish that I still had my original "Intellivision" system. Remember the Vic 20's or the Commodore 64's? Load"$",8,1? :laughing7: Press "play" on the Tape Drive to continue....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread