Zombies

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Well got to a site this morning and found it crawling with zombies ( pay to detect, internet detecting club). These are becoming a real pain. Can't blame the farmer, money talks. Had to move to another site, that sometimes gives up the odd find. Very quickly found this, and then nothing else in the rest of the search. It's silver and hand made, showing the letters HC. It's just short of one inch in height, the back is plain and as no fixings.

Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_3152.JPG
    IMG_3152.JPG
    454.5 KB · Views: 202
Upvote 3
Colin think it is just around that time. Otherwise can you imagine the scene circa about 1890. The lord of the manor receives the local silver smith (who he as commissioned to make some rather expensive family motos in silver). When the silver smith un- wraps his work, the lord tuns red and say's they look like they were made by a five year old, if you think I'm paying for those you can f--k o--. :laughing7:

robfinds , If these were crafted as late as 1890's (the date you just referenced ) yes - they might have appeared to be crude , I suggested a date
of 1790's a century earlier - and a period when a piece such as this would not be met with scorn .

Wow that's amazing !. is it the same size Cru ?.

It surprised me too, I've had very few similar items that I can remember thats why it stuck in my mind so many years.

Size - 25mm Height, 23mm Wide

I haven't read the whole post, but my clues I think you have covered. It has no visible fitting or scarring on the reverse.

I wonder if the 'hole like' gap on the left of the 'E' was for a small pin to peg it to wood. This would how ever make it a very weak fitting.:icon_scratch:

I think SS might be on the right tracks so i emailed a Livery expert who may chime in soon I hope.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back