Zooka Prospector clean out from this weekend...

aescal

Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to put my new Zooka Prospector into action this week, even if it just was for about an hour. Long story short, flew into Quebec at the first of the month, drove all the way to N. Carolina to pick up the Zooka from Carolina Prospectors (kudos to them for meeting me after hours), played around at the Lucky mine for a day and drove all the way back.

Upon arriving in Bolivia got word that a quartz vien had been uncovered by locals, and they wanted me to take GPS coords and sample it. So got into the Land Cruiser and started the 12 hour drive to the site, took 2 hours to hike the 1.5km thru the sticks and down 400meters to the sheer cliff that the water had eroded last month to uncover the vien. After sampling the vien hiked back to the car, left samples, and I took my Prospector to the campsite. Next morning we tried it out for about an hour. Was real impressed with the recovery, getting the angle set in such fast water is kinda tricky thought, And Im thinking the amount of bubbles produced by the flow might have affected the fluid bed. Total it weighed out to about 1/2 gram, not bad from about 100 shovel fulls.

5000 Meters above sea level beginning descent into valley (was feeling dizzy)
5000meters above sea level.jpg

Campsite..that little fly speck is the car upon the road..pretty nasty hike down
campsite.jpg

The quartz vien uncovered by recent rains
Quartz vien.jpg

Sample of quartz taken
sample quartz.jpg

Sampling ground
sampling ground.jpg

Rocks in river
big quartz rocks.jpg

Zooka setup.. gonna have to play around with the angle and flow
20150416_084532.jpg

Dig site, dug about 3 ft down
dig site.jpg

Final cleanup after about hour
gold recovered.jpg

Got a video im gonna try to upload it on youtube...

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like quite an adventure even if it's just regular life for you!

That setup looks fine, don't think you need to worry about the bubbles, should run just fine in a spot like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread