Nazi gold in Chloride, AZ?????????

Y

yurt_boy

I just ran across a brief mention of a lost cache story. According to the article, about a paragraph long, several million dollars' worth of Nazi loot was cached near the ghost town of Chloride, AZ. Being from AZ, the story piqued my interest. It's an odd story for several reasons, but that's what makes me wonder if there's some semblance of truth to it. Here in the SW, all the lost treasure legends involve A) Spanish mines or B) robbed trains/stages/banks. If someone were to make up a story, why Nazis? Secondly, next to no one has ever heard of Chloride, AZ. Now for the plausibility angle ... There was a lot of Nazi activity in northern Mexico, which isn't all that far from Chloride. I'm not yet all that read-up on it, but I do recall reading once that the Nazis were cultivating sympathizers in Sonora, Mex. for a possible US invasion. Second; a ghost town like Chloride would be an ideal place to stash a crap-load of gold. All you'd have to do is find an abandoned mine shaft (dime a dozen out here), fill it with the loot and then dynamite the entrance closed. I don't know, it's probably all made up, but interesting nonetheless. Have any of you heard of this? I sure hadn't, and I've been researching lost AZ treasure for years now. Thanks

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF you do a search Key WORDS "nazi gold arizona"? you get something about the Vatican, Nazi gold & Arizona Republic"

? But BEWARE .

? ?I went into it & It Slows My Computer to the Point, I wonder IF it's Compromised by som ANTI NAZI FACTION.

I had to ReBoot my Computer to Get Out.

There Are DECLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS in it on NAZI GOLD.

P

Parangjim

There may be gold, but more likely any cache would be Nazi counterfeit money. We've all read about the pound notes, francs, and others that they made to disrupt the economic situation in several countries. It would still be interesting to find a cache of bogus cash but have it checked carefully befor trying to spend any. That secret service group is tough and might not believe you made a semi-honest mistake.
jim

OP
OP
Y

yurt_boy

Good point. Do you think there'd be any value to counterfeit money like that, aside from trying to pass it off as legit? Like as in historical documents, etc.?

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
yurt_boy said:
Good point.? Do you think there'd be any value to counterfeit money like that, aside from trying to pass it off as legit?? Like as in historical documents, etc.?

No, it's illegal to posess, and the feds will confiscate it without any compensation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread