2008 Bald Eagle Half with PICS

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
My bank only ordered one box instead of two this week. I never seem to find NIFC or at least I do not recognize them often. Tanner noticed the first and ender 2004s we then found 6 more and ended with a coin I had never seen before a 2008 Bald Eagle Half. :icon_thumleft: Pretty cool.

I found this on line: The obverse of this clad half-dollar coin depicts two baby eaglets at about two to three days in age, settled in a nest surrounding an unhatched egg. The reverse features the famous eagle "Challenger" with the American flag in the background. The Bald Eagle Clad Half-Dollar Coin is limited to a total of 750,000 coins (across all product options). Surcharges collected from 2008 American Bald Eagle Commemorative Coin Program sales, expected to begin on January 15, 2008, are authorized to be paid to the American Eagle Foundation of Tennessee to continue its works.

No AU but we will take this.

Gordon and Tanner

Attachments

• IMG_1382.JPG
    IMG_1382.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_1381.JPG
    IMG_1381.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_1378.JPG
    IMG_1378.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 474
Upvote 0

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
gordon and tanner said:
My bank only ordered one box instead of two this week. I never seem to find NIFC or at least I do not recognize them often. Tanner noticed the first and ender 2004s we then found 6 more and ended with a coin I had never seen before a 2008 Bald Eagle Half. :icon_thumleft: Pretty cool.

I found this on line: The obverse of this clad half-dollar coin depicts two baby eaglets at about two to three days in age, settled in a nest surrounding an unhatched egg. The reverse features the famous eagle "Challenger" with the American flag in the background. The Bald Eagle Clad Half-Dollar Coin is limited to a total of 750,000 coins (across all product options). Surcharges collected from 2008 American Bald Eagle Commemorative Coin Program sales, expected to begin on January 15, 2008, are authorized to be paid to the American Eagle Foundation of Tennessee to continue its works.

No AU but we will take this.

Gordon and Tanner

Some commemoratives are easier to find than others. And although this is a newer one, it seems to be one that is NOT on this board often. IN fact, I don't remember anyone getting one yet. So good job. A nice find. :icon_thumleft:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Read somewhere that the Challenger commemorative was voted the ugliest modern commemorative.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome find on that Comm !

Did it take an "eagle" eye to spot it in the roll ? 8)

Again, kudos.

OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey silvercop,

I think it is just damage from circulation. Something must of wacked it. If it originally came in a plastic case perhaps it happened when someone opened the case.

Gordon

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
sorry to hear that. was hoping you had an error to boot. great find anyway though. in 2 years the most modern comm. i have found is the atlanta olympic coins

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey G&T,
I just found one of these comm's in one of my boxes from last week. It was in beautiful condition with no scratches and a very clean rim. I have never seen one of these Eagle comm's before. Needless to say, I will keep it. According to the RedBook, the mint only produced 750,000 of them :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread