Tenderfoot
Sep 27, 2012
L.A.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Rawlings 36 Inch Big Stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Bought a Brookstone coin sorter for $32 this weekend for my 12 year old daughter. She walked our street starting with $1000 in bills (and me sitting in the car watching) and went to 6 houses as a coin collector and offered to buy all the coins in their house for 90% which is the same as coinstar. She brought home $1,022.53 two and a half hours later. We then unwrapped the rolls and hunted and rewrapped. Found 12 wheats, 3 war nickels, 3 rosies, 8 40% halves, 2 Franklin halves, and one 1886-O Morgan silver dollar -- all the quarters were clad and totaled over half the monetary value. The big coins don't go through the sorter but with not being that many of them they were easy to count. Plus she made $102.25 on the discount and went to the LCS and bought three ASEs. She told everyone that she would be back the first weekend of each month.

Go to the coin, got to get to it before it reaches the banks. There is a ton of it out there. Going to go to her grandparents retirement home this weekend and do some more "house hunting". I call her the Human CoinStar, she calls us American Silver Pickers 8-)

Here's the Morgan, will post the rest of the pile later.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Holy S#@! You must be on to something, im gonna try this in te retirement community near my house. Instead of waiting for old people to bring in coins, we go to them! :D

This is probably the coolest post & only fresh thinking I've read on this forum in the last three months. This is brilliant! Congrats on your new and obviously lucrative new venture!

Dude, that is awesome!!
You have definitely inspired me to try something like this. I have a feeling it might be a little different with a 6'5" man walking door to door looking for change though lol.
You are a pharmacist?

Very interesting. I think the key to this idea is having a child do the knocking, wish mine was old enough.

Here's a scan of all the silver and wheats from the 1st day of House Hunting

IMG.jpg

Be careful! I know your watching. But stand next to her at the door, the world isn't getting any safer. You can explain that it is for safety. You could also negiotiate lower fees if someone balks or voulme discounts.

HH

cullin silver before people had a chance to start rollin' this idea is gangsta

I was going to ask where I could get me one of those twelve-year-old girls. Just too creepy though.

cullin silver before people had a chance to start rollin' this idea is gangsta

Word, Em. I'm not sure how well it'll work without a juvenile lackey (j/k), as has already been mentioned, but I salute your innovation and inventiveness nonetheless :) How very American of you!

This is probably the coolest post & only fresh thinking I've read on this forum in the last three months. This is brilliant! Congrats on your new and obviously lucrative new venture!

boy nice way of making the rest of us feel bad.

where i live, people slam the door at your face if you offer to sell them some chocolates!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back