What's new

Louis XIV Liard De France

BomberJohn

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
379
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETrac
I dug up a very worn and bent Louis XIV "Liard De France" copper last weekend. Been looking on line for information on it. Most is in French. I can't read a date on it, so I particularly want a date range on this. I know they were around in the mid and late 1600's. It is the "juvenille bust" Louis XIV. Anyone got info or a link (in English?)

Thanks!
John
 
Excellent information. Thanks.

However, I still don't know the date range the coin was minted.

The hunt continues......(insert Indiana Jones thememusic here)

John
 
Based on listings in Krause & Mishler's Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1601-1700, Louis XIV liards bearing the younger portrait would appear to have a date range of 1654-58.
 
PBK said:
Based on listings in Krause & Mishler's Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1601-1700, Louis XIV liards bearing the younger portrait would appear to have a date range of 1654-58.

Hey thanks PBK.

John
 
Just found a toasted one Saterday. They date from 1643 to 1715. I know this is a very old thread but this info may help others that have found one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom