diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only went to 2 sales today and 2 yesterday. I'm trying to concentrate on buying quality items over quantity but this qualifies as both I guess. Yesterday, not much to brag about. Today was much better. I readily paid the asking price for this stuff. I didn't try to bargain her down at all. I paid $240 for everything you see. It includes all the sterling and turquoise jewelry, 6 necklaces, 9 rings, 3 bracelets, 3 watches, a couple pendants and 4 pairs of earrings. Many of these are signed with names like Pearlene Spencer, L. Blackgoat, Running Bear, J. Nelson, Tahe, Sampson Yazzie and a few that need more research. The little thing in the back is just a clay whistle modern souvenir type thing.
1- 10k class ring from 1947, 1 Gump's 14k carnelian bead necklace, several other hand knotted bead necklaces with 14k clasps, some 12k gold filled stuff including a Dixelle gemstone bracelet, a sorrento sterling brooch, a jade and red coral brooch, a micromosaic brooch. Not pictured is a small bottle of Narcisse Noir about half full. Here's the pics-

DSC05757.jpg DSC05751.jpg DSC05760.jpg DSC05761.jpg DSC05766.jpg DSC05767.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find. That's a great day!! Just wondering though in the first picture what's that piece on top that's blue and red? Or coral and turquoise? Never seen one before.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the gumps necklace worth? $2k?? My dream is to find stuff like that!! Wow, very nice very nice!

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find(s)!!!!!!!! What a nice pile of research you have to do there!

Are those amber beads Bakelite or Catalin by any chance? I drop that question as I don't think they can be so I answered my own question. Great stuff you got a hold of there!

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems that Gumps isn't easily found in that color or am I wrong? This is the only one even close to that color that I found Vintage Gumps Hong Kong Carnelian Gemstone Bead 14k Gold 16" Necklace Strand | eBay all the others are mostly white or jade. A few mixed colors + blues & purples too.
Yeah, I saw that one too. I also see that they still sell them though. Gump's Faceted Carnelian and Gold Necklace | Gump's I do see differences in the new ones and the old ones, most notably the gold beads and the length. I'll have to measure the beads later. Mine has the HK mark as well, like the one in the listing. It is 24 inches long though.
What's the gumps necklace worth? $2k?? My dream is to find stuff like that!! Wow, very nice very nice!
I'm not sure. I just wish it was green jade! I'm thinking a few hundred maybe.

Very nice find. That's a great day!! Just wondering though in the first picture what's that piece on top that's blue and red? Or coral and turquoise? Never seen one before.
The little thing in the back is just a clay whistle (ocarina) modern souvenir type thing.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I listed the Gumps for $299.99 with a BIN of $399.99, it sold in about 24 hours for the BIN. It may have been worth another $100 or so but i'm happy besides I only paid $40 for the "costume jewelry" and $200 for the Navajo stuff. So I just made a profit on all of it by selling one piece. Cha-ching, I love it when my phone does that whenever I get a bid on ebay! Been doing it alot lately.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great sale! Glad it was so easy & fast! Makes ya wanna go back & start it at $399 with a $599 BIN.. At least it would me! But you made out great & in the end that's what really matters!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread