diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sales were sparse this weekend because of the holiday. I bought a plastic box of costume jewelry for $30. There are a couple hundred pieces I guess, and most of it is cheap costume but there are a few signed pieces as well. I also found 3 real good pieces in there too. The first and best is a Tiffany & Co. sterling Favrile glass scarab beetle stick pin. The other two pieces are 14k and 18k jade pendants. Here are the pics-

p_001.jpg

p_001.jpg
p_001.jpg
p_001.jpg

NICE! I'm reluctant to grab those box deals, but I keep reading on here that occasionally good items are found. Good for you!

There were 15 men's watches in the box too. I figured at $30 I couldn't go wrong even if there was nothing special to be found in it. It was a plastic tub not a jewelry box. I've been getting lucky with the jewelry lately. A little gold and a lot of silver. Too many watches, lol. The Tiffany piece was wrapped up in a piece of toilet paper, the two pendants were each attached to a junk chain.

Nice finds! Jade is pretty popular. We just sold a 18 lb box of jewelry on eBay for $60. And that was after I had it sit through two weekends of my own yard sale. So after all the good stuff is picked out, even if there is nothing good, there is still the people who buy it for scrap or crafts or whatever.

Love the Tiffany's pin! Don't forget to put "Egyptian" in your description if you decide to sell it. The Egyptian craze was huge back in the 1920-30's. Anytime I see these pieces come up for auction they usually go for big money. Just my opinion though :)

if there are enough items..you can never go wrong - I do the flea market and putting all the junk in a big $1 ea. box always recoups the loss..easy..

Nice finds! I love the bags of mixed jewelry!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back