GTAx 550 ?

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I may finally get a detector. I found a used one local that seem like a good deal, but wanted to know what you think of it.
It is a GTAx 550 and comes with two digging tools, belt pouch, headphones, a pin point detector by Automax, and a full sized carrying case. I can pick it up for 300.00 total, and from the searching I have done this seems like an OK deal. I can not seem to find many reviews on this model though, and was wondering if anyone here has used this model before, and if so if you could give me the pros and cons i would certainly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,
Gunny

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
i love mine its the machine that i started with and still use 3 years later.i have tried a 250 750 1250 and a 1500.they were all good machines but i learned that over time i have really learned my 550.and stuck with it.i prefer to hunt relics and feel like it does great.i hunt with folks using 2500's even new specta and find just as much.recently found an 1856 seated dime which is pretty good in my area.the 550 is a pretty basic machine with two modes all metal and coin.but you can set up your own program.if you hunt trashy areas a sniper coil is a must have as it works great.also garretts service is second to none they take great care of their customers it looks like a good deal might offer a little less all they can do is say no.

OP
OP
Gunny71

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. I also managed to dig up some info and I am going to get it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread