Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so tired of these fake posters. When you claim to only find colonial gold coins, early Spanish silvers including 8 reales....cmon man!!!! We are NOT STUPID! Yes we were fooled before. I'm very thankful to a certain member who puts in the time to bust these liars. He time and time again shows them to be liars. I simply look at these posts and laugh....then get pissed. It's a huge slap in the face to those of us who research like crazy then go out and strike out over and over. Once in awhile we have a good hunt. On rare occasion a great hunt. I've had a few in 4 years. But they're rare.
These are the things that always make me skeptical
1: When somebody only posts rare finds
2: When somebody posts several rare finds
But these are the big ones
3: No dirty pics.
4: No in situ pics
If I'm digging up old gold and silver coins I'm for sure going to have some pics from the field. Or at least some dirty pics. I have said this a million times but I love seeing dirty pics and I love before and after pics to see the transformations of coins and see what people use for techniques. These guys don't post dirty pics because they don't have a chance. eBay coins come clean. When you see a lot of the more knowledgeable members not respond to rare finds like that it's because they don't believe they were dug....and they're usually right.
Btw WildBill I'm proud to be one of those "darn northerners again". And to his buddy who was sticking up for him it's not a "jealousy thing"....Its an HONESTY THING!!!! Our buddy GW(Wyatt Earp) will keep catching you

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good show Abe. We have spoken of this before, and you are correct, it's an honesty thing.

I believe we should feel sorry for these "small" people, that have so little in their lives, that making up a lie, to bolster their self esteem is the answer. It is sad that these people need acceptance so badly, that they would steal it. My people, my people...

Don't let them get to you buddy.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good show Abe. We have spoken of this before, and you are correct, it's an honesty thing.

I believe we should feel sorry for these "small" people, that have so little in their lives, that making up a lie, to bolster their self esteem is the answer. It is sad that these people need acceptance so badly, that they would steal it. My people, my people...

Don't let them get to you buddy.

You are right Tom. We should feel sorry for them. I think the reason it bothers me is because it hit so close to home once. I may be a bit more sensitive than most. I just hate people trying to deceive others. But you are correct as usual and its because they are lacking something and trying to fill that void. You are a wise man and I have a ton of respect for you my friend

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm tired of lies, also. ...Like, sick-to-my-stomach tired!! I don't know enough about this to have any other voice than that, so all I can do is accept what I see. I "do" know that, on occasion, amazing and incredible things do actually happen, and I'm not speaking only of MDing, but of life in general. I've seen things happen that totally and absolutely floored me. Unfortunately, it works both ways; to both the "good" and the "bad". I cannot watch the news on TV anymore because I'm sick of the lies and exaggerations. Can't trust history books, as history is being re-written a little at a time - sometimes a LOT at a time. But here, we somewhat sorta know people. We share posts and pics and stories, ideas, goals, and even an occasional beer together for those fortunate enough to meet in person. So any lies hit closer to home here than just watching on the news and such.

Just please keep in mind that there truly are all kinds of people in the world, and not everyone is equal. Some people actually "need" attention, and may sometimes resort to improper means to get that attention. Doesn't make them a bad person, necessarily, but certainly makes them untrustworthy. Wife and I both are so tired of being hurt that we live (literally!!) in the middle of nowhere, as far away from people as we can reasonably get. ...Hasn't completely solved the problem, either. BUT, all we can do is carry on. Is easy to break friendships that only exist online, but the mistrust continues, both in new online friends and into real life. So if you do happen to find that someone has lied, please try to keep my words in mind so that other "real" trusts do not get jeopardized.

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a personality disorder that makes people go to such efforts to get attention. Too bad they don't just put as much effort into honest treasure hunting - they might actually have an honest find to show off.

The real shame here is if WildBills son was actually made part of this lie. I hope that the son was just mentioned to add credibility to the whole made up story. I just wonder how these liars feel once they get caught. Was it really worth it?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't take a camera out with me and I don't have a cell phone, yep you heard me right no cell phone. I don't have any rare finds yet but if I ever do they will only be clean pics as I usually put my silver in a container so it won't get scratched up until I get home, I don't even know the date usually until I clean them up. HH

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I carry is a $1.00 flip phone from Verizon and it doesn't do much. I guess I missed out on the root cause of this thread or about Wildbill's finds.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't take a camera out with me and I don't have a cell phone, yep you heard me right no cell phone. I don't have any rare finds yet but if I ever do they will only be clean pics as I usually put my silver in a container so it won't get scratched up until I get home, I don't even know the date usually until I clean them up. HH

You also don't post rare or scarce finds regularly. I too usually don't pay too much attention to finds in the field. If I can tell that it's something great I will take a few pics. But I always take pics of all my finds as is when I get home just because I think it adds legitimacy to my posts. But like you I oftentimes have no idea what I have until I clean it....especially if it's a copper. But regardless it's usually pretty easy to tell a dug find from an eBay purchase. Thanks for your response wingmaster

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I carry is a $1.00 flip phone from Verizon and it doesn't do much. I guess I missed out on the root cause of this thread or about Wildbill's finds.
He bought a bunch of eBay coins and claimed he and his son dug them. 3rd time in the past year that it's happened....at least that I've seen

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Wingmaster, we used to be without cell phone as well. That changed 2 years ago when my Dad passed away. Still can't get a land line phone to the house, but now have "reliable" cell phone and....wait for it....wait for it....INTERNET!! Wow, we're really uptown now! ...But still can't use the smart phone worth a dang! :laughing7:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Wingmaster, we used to be without cell phone as well. That changed 2 years ago when my Dad passed away. Still can't get a land line phone to the house, but now have "reliable" cell phone and....wait for it....wait for it....INTERNET!! Wow, we're really uptown now! ...But still can't use the smart phone worth a dang! :laughing7:

Grand kids insisted I get a smart phone. Darn thing is smarter than me, just like this computer. But I can take a picture with the phone, except half the time I forget that it works that way. I could take pictures of finds, so perhaps if I think about it, I could photograph a rare pop tab, or even more rare mostly rotted zinclon. Trouble is once the picture is in the phone, how do I load it onto T Net. Problems problems. Bummer. Tell you what, if I find something good, you can bet your bippy I'll figure out a way to post it, but if you hold your breath waiting, you will be plumb blue, haven't found anything worth showing off for at least 21 dog years. Just to show you where my mind runs, when I read "dirty pictures," I was thinking, "T Net don't let those kind of pictures to be posted," then I realized you were talking about finger nails and crud encrusted coins etc. Sorry about that. This thread is talking about honesty though.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Bos, sure do know where you're coming from there. When the wife got the phone, she was the one telling me how to do this and that, and I was really proud of how well she was learning that contraption. Now it's the opposite. We use the phone SO LITTLE that she keeps asking ME how to do such-N-such!! Like, what am I? The Can-You-Hear-Me-Now man?? :laughing7:

Am finally getting the house set up where she can use the phone. Still got a long ways to go. Sad thing is, we've been offered a free upgrade phone for several months now. STILL AIN'T FIGURED THIS ONE OUT YET!!

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't seem to find anything worth mentioning. And to top it off, real life keeps me so busy I wouldn't have time to fake anything. I can kind of tell if it is a fake post. Sort of like the fake veterans I see on youtube. It does not really bother me. And I'm a veteran. It is just another mental illness. If a guy has to fake his finds, I just feel sorry for them.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can sort of understand the rule here about questioning the authenticity of a find as it starts flame wars and hard feelings.

But I must admit there have been some posts that really cause me to sit on hands to keep from responding!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, you're saying most of you don't believe I dug these out of my back yard, just 230-feet from the old Oak tree the old Roman farmer could see from his rocking chair on the porch of his villa?

Attachments

• Backyard.jpg
    Backyard.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 92

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last big post of his was two gold coins in one day......OK, sure.

It's pretty gross and childish.

EDIT: Just noticed that WildBill the Liar was exposed posting ebay purchases and banned. About time and I'm surprised it took this long.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purposely did not post on the thread since it was too incredible. I guess my intuition was working at that moment. :thumbsup: Many people are looking for theor 15 minutes of fame. It is a character flaw that I have seen increase since the inception of reality TV and social media. I rather keep my nose to the grindstone and be true to myself, whether I ever dig another bucket lister or not. I do appreciate likes as do many others, but they in no means define me as a man or dirt fisherman.

asrussell96

Jul 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a bit of honesty for you....

It seems all I find are modern day clad or modern pennies..... When I find that pot of gold I will be sure to post a pic though....hehe

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I ended up finding 5 of the coins on ebay. Only stopped looking for others when I saw he was in fact banned. That post was so over the top ridiculous I couldnt think straight. Surprised I didnt get banned the way i laid his arse out on his own thread. They removed the really bad posts I wrote. Thats a lesson you all ought to pay attention to. Dont be hot headed like me and expose a person on their own thread. Ive never been able to keep from saying what I felt and sooner or later I might get banned for it. Anyway, as I was saying...I ended up finding the ebay auctions for the 1722, 1737, 1627, 1761 and 1759 coins.

I got the wild bill avatar for a day or 2 more. Couldnt resist. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread