Tell me its not a "Grey Ghost"

Rockgal

Mar 1, 2017
Dunlap, Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
image.jpeg
. A friend of mine that has recently passed give me this about a month before he died. He told me to "show it to the world." He said he found it stuck in the river bank of the Sequatchie River. He said he grabbed the point end and pulled and it just kept coming out of the mud. He couldnt believe it was still whole and no chips or anything. He said that was a gift from God letting him know that he had seen the best in life now it was time for him to go home. It broke my heart hearing him tell this and it hurt even more knowing he wanted me to have his most valued posession. So can anyone help me out i posted some pix but i didnt know what i was doing so im sorry in advance if they are the same ones or not a good pix. Just let me know and i will post whatever you need to see. Can u give me your input on this beautiful piece?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! I don't know anything about them, but that looks incredible.

driftless

Sep 21, 2015
SE MN
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, F 70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rockgal, repost in Native American Artifacts forum here. It looks too good to be true, very nice.

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If the story is true, then you really need to send it off to have it authenticated and papered. I'm not normally a pessimist, but I've run across too many amazing pieces with logical stories that just aren't what they seem. I truly hope it's the real deal as it is amazing...it's still an amazing piece of art if modern knapped.

Greg

OP
OP
R

Rockgal

Mar 1, 2017
Dunlap, Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for your advice SCdigger. You wouldnt know of anyone who authenticates around the Chattanooga area by chance?

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine found one similar to that about 6 yrs ago. His is a ceremonial piece.
Yours is beautiful!!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While that is not an actual Grey Ghost made by Brian Reihardt, it is a large reproduction Point. If you are going to send it away steer clear of Baker, Putty, J&Dee, and Insight because they will paper anything if you pay for it. Send it to Dwain Rogers, but you would just be wasting your money. Is it 100% without a doubt a reproduction Dovetail.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For being pulled out of a river bank there is not any pitina on the point I can see at all when blown up in the pictures posted which is not a good sign for authenticity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions