No update from FinderKeeper on Dent's run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay we been on hold for 7 months so a few more days is worth the wait. Its going to happen.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My prognostication is, he may have found some sort of buried treasure, but it is not Civil War gold.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The FBI could not get a warrant to dig until we could prove it was UNION GOLD , NO other kind of treasure find could let them dig. So with the info we gave them it was enough for the Judge to allow them to dig. There was more than Civil War Gold at this site, we showed silver to, a lot of silver. I am sure the Associated Press will run the story when the sex trial on all of the news channels dies out. Now we wait.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you're saying that as long as there's a more interesting news story, your story will never be published? Really?

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not want it to run today when everyone was looking at the top sex story of the year. Hay its not my call , They will run it when they think the time is right. We believe it will run this week .

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The FBI could not get a warrant to dig until we could prove it was UNION GOLD , NO other kind of treasure find could let them dig. So with the info we gave them it was enough for the Judge to allow them to dig. There was more than Civil War Gold at this site, we showed silver to, a lot of silver. I am sure the Associated Press will run the story when the sex trial on all of the news channels dies out. Now we wait.

This doesn't sound right.

All the FBI needs is probable cause to get a warrant for anything criminal wise.I will admit things might be different in this case but it sounds to me like this is what actually took place.If the info in the post I quoted is correct.

The only way you could possibly prove it was Union gold is if you had already dug it up.

Plus didn't you say the silver you had located was dug up by someone and taken from the site because you could no longer get silver readings.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I wonder if a gag order will come into play.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you need to wait for the AP to spill the beans?

(deleted by mod, no politics)

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have rules against attacking members, I highly recommend they be followed.

Holeymoley, post by our rules or lose the ability to post.

Last edited:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you need to wait for the AP to spill the beans?

(deleted by mod, no politics)

There is absolutely no credible excuse.

Look how many people have given interviews on "Major News Networks" that have testified to either Robert Mueller or a Grand Jury in the current Russia probe......talking about what they have been questioned about.

Another good question is how can a news network you are working so closely with let you hanging on the articles release date?
When I am working closely with another person or group we often work out our schedules so there are no surprises or snags.

I do believe FK was interviewed about this legend and a story could well be printed but that is about as far as this is going to go.It is also possible the reporter looked into past claims from this group and buried the story to not look foolish.I wouldn't bet either way on how this one ends up.

Just a few weeks ago a press conference was going to be held in DC with all the "major news networks" about this and now it seems that ship has sailed and the best to hope for is a newspaper article.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay NewAge, Soon we all will know if everything you posted about me was right on , or was everything you posted in the last 2 yr wrong. :occasion14:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay NewAge, Soon we all will know if everything you posted about me was right on , or was everything you posted in the last 2 yr wrong. :occasion14:

What are we waiting for now?....I have lost track of what reason is causing the current delay.

Newspaper to run the article?.....a press conference in Washington DC?
Your lawyer to ok you to talk?.....the DOJ to force the FBI to talk?
The outcome of a federal lawsuit you have pending against the PA DCNR.....OR are we only waiting for the Kavanaugh news to die down.

All of these and more have been posted as excuses for not releasing the info.

Also don't forget you have clearly stated this is the biggest treasure found on land since the Civil War.I have seen the pictures of all those gold coins that young couple found in CA......can we expect to see photos of gold bars?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newage back off.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are we waiting for now?....I have lost track of what reason is causing the current delay.

Newspaper to run the article?.....a press conference in Washington DC?
Your lawyer to ok you to talk?.....the DOJ to force the FBI to talk?
The outcome of a federal lawsuit you have pending against the PA DCNR.....OR are we only waiting for the Kavanaugh news to die down.

All of these and more have been posted as excuses for not releasing the info.

Also don't forget you have clearly stated this is the biggest treasure found on land since the Civil War.I have seen the pictures of all those gold coins that young couple found in CA......can we expect to see photos of gold bars?

What personal stake do you have in this?
There are hundreds of posts on this site claiming treasure, some as outlandish as dowsing a photo. What gives you the right to attack someone here. It should not be allowed - period.

If there is more info provided, we will all be able to make an opinion. Some should be kept to themselves. It’s ok to doubt or be speculative. Just don’t aggressively attack. If nothing new is provided, this will all sink to the bottom of the internet sump

Last edited:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are hundreds of posts on this site claiming treasure, some as outlandish as dowsing a photo. What gives you the right to attack someone here. It should not be allowed - period.

If there is more info provided, we will all be able to make an opinion. Some should be kept to themselves. It’s ok to doubt or be speculative. Just don’t aggressively attack. If nothing new is provided, this will all sink to the bottom of the internet sump

I wish they would focus more on the Stonehenge find because I have a vested intrest in that if they ever secure a TV show on that find.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600

I'm not seeing these alleged aggressive attacks. I've seen 100x more 'aggression' in other threads that never get warnings and such. I think you just have a situation where people are just a bit frustrated that this particular topic is always being treated with kid gloves, so to speak. This FBI 'dig' happened nearly 6 months ago and there are constantly more reasons (not using the 'e' word) for why answer/explanations are not forthcoming. The reality is that you shouldn't speak to something if you are not prepared to explain it completely. If you dangle a carrot in front of a rabbit, you cannot be surprised when it tries to bite. Not being aggressive, but FK should have just stayed silent until they were prepared to explain everything. Since they were not, they need to expect people questioning them and their insinuations, especially since they keep dangling that carrot. Don't confuse peoples' frustration with aggression.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not seeing these alleged aggressive attacks. I've seen 100x more 'aggression' in other threads that never get warnings and such. I think you just have a situation where people are just a bit frustrated that this particular topic is always being treated with kid gloves, so to speak. This FBI 'dig' happened nearly 6 months ago and there are constantly more reasons (not using the 'e' word) for why answer/explanations are not forthcoming. The reality is that you shouldn't speak to something if you are not prepared to explain it completely. If you dangle a carrot in front of a rabbit, you cannot be surprised when it tries to bite. Not being aggressive, but FK should have just stayed silent until they were prepared to explain everything. Since they were not, they need to expect people questioning them and their insinuations, especially since they keep dangling that carrot. Don't confuse peoples' frustration with aggression.

All posts still have to be made according to ALL our rules.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nothing personal towards this particular person (I don’t know them).
It seems a good majority of the 200+ contributions consist of negativity directed towards FK.
The very first message is directed at FK. I’d say that is a little aggressive?

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I post to show what its like to be in our shoes. This is what happens when you find a major find. How do you think we all feel, we are told from lawyers and others to stay quiet. WE want to talk so I do post some info but major info must stay quiet. If you read our post it shows what we are going through. Everything we post is the truth and it will come out as soon as the Associated Press is ready. A lot is going on behind what the public sees and we want the public to know how digs like this turn out. This story is worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread